Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting

/ Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting #101  
"First off - you actually have some issues with dust getting into your 5740? "

No, not that one. I also have a B3000, hence my question re. dust.

(Noise issues are what they are and I wear ear pro.)

Yes, I do see what you mean with the FEL control cables.

Thank you.

/ Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting #102  
So I found a video from inside the cab of the new B2650 when operating (well at least driving). Interesting how it doesn't seem all that much quieter, if at all, than my B3000 is now after my modifications (possible the new B is even just a tad louder).

Listening to this video certainly doesn't make me wish that I had held out for the new B3350 Tier 4 machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GN1xcPM0E

/ Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting #103  
So I found a video from inside the cab of the new B2650 when operating (well at least driving). Interesting how it doesn't seem all that much quieter, if at all, than my B3000 is now after my modifications (possible the new B is even just a tad louder).

Listening to this video certainly doesn't make me wish that I had held out for the new B3350 Tier 4 machine.

Thanks for posting the video.

Sadly it does not appear that the HST whine noise is any quieter in the B2650 then it is/was in my B3030.

The video shows the tractor being driven on flat ground, in HI, and about 1900 or so engine RPM's.

Thats to bad because I really like what Kubota did to reduce the dust issues.

Sounds to me like the HST noise issue was not addressed in this model update.....

/ Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting #104  
Thanks for posting the video.

Sadly it does not appear that the HST whine noise is any quieter in the B2650 then it is/was in my B3030.

The video shows the tractor being driven on flat ground, in HI, and about 1900 or so engine RPM's.

Thats to bad because I really like what Kubota did to reduce the dust issues.

Sounds to me like the HST noise issue was not addressed in this model update.....

I don't think the HST whine was addressed either. Although, the person who posted the video did provide a comment saying the noise is a lot better in the B2650 compared to the B3000, so it sounds like Kubota did try to address some of the cab noise at least.

/ Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting #105  
had the same problem with my moms lil cub mower called up cub and got a person finaly they said that the mower was designed to be opperated at wot thats when the hydrostat is the quietest
meby up your revs and see if it quietens down seems a shame they dont have 2 speed hydros

/ Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting
I don't think the HST whine was addressed either. Although, the person who posted the video did provide a comment saying the noise is a lot better in the B2650 compared to the B3000, so it sounds like Kubota did try to address some of the cab noise at least.

I drove the B2650 and the whine was definitely less then my B3030. But after my soundproofing my whine is hardly a big deal anymore.
My tractor is more a subdued sound now even more so then the B2650 The B2650 sounds like a smaller engine (which it is) I recommend anybody with a B3030 that is concerned about the noise level to do what I did. It's a much more tolerable sound. It does not become an issue anymore. At least for me.

Last edited:
   / Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting #107  

What caught my attention was the quick attach on the loader bucket. I have a 2005 B3030HSDCC and a Curtis front angle blade. It is a pain to install in the fall. Would the quick attach on the B2650 be compatible with my tractor?

/ Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting #108  
Indeed, I am also looking for the answer to that for my B3000/LA403

/ Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting #109  
What caught my attention was the quick attach on the loader bucket. I have a 2005 B3030HSDCC and a Curtis front angle blade. It is a pain to install in the fall. Would the quick attach on the B2650 be compatible with my tractor?

Indeed, I am also looking for the answer to that for my B3000/LA403

Yes and folks have installed the SSQA adapter on a number of other B models.

/ Soundproofing the B3030 Cab and found something interesting #110  
Thank you