sources for quality front chains?

/ sources for quality front chains? #1  

fishhead

Gold Member
Need to get a new set for the front of my JD 3720 (size is 27-8.5-15) been trying to find something similar to the ofa easy on 5 chains i have in the rear- euro style low profile hard wearing

For some reason better quality chains seem to be in short supply in this size- anyone got good sources out there i should check with that i may not have thought of?

Many thanks

/ sources for quality front chains? #2  
Not sure if I can post a link but if you search for tire chains in Johnstown, PA you will find a reputable supplier. I was real happy with them. I went with the V-bar.

/ sources for quality front chains?
thanks,
i see some diamond and h pattern there but they don't seem to be hardened - my drive is paved so unhardened last at best a couple of years.
They have hardened ladders but i don't like ladders on pavement in the front- especially the beefy ones

/ sources for quality front chains? #5  
I had V-bar ladder chains - front and rear - when I had the Ford 1700 4WD. Kind of a PITA to install but allowed the little Ford to climb almost vertical. On in the fall - off in the spring.

Now - I would get those euro style chains. From all I've seen - easier to install and just as effective as V-bar.

I don't know where you are fishhead but around here Les Schwab tire center is a good starting point.

i'm in NW montana close to Tractor TYMe, (actually i'm in crete right now) had not thought of les schwab- i'll try there

thanks

/ sources for quality front chains? #8  
Need to get a new set for the front of my JD 3720 (size is 27-8.5-15) been trying to find something similar to the ofa easy on 5 chains i have in the rear- euro style low profile hard wearing

For some reason better quality chains seem to be in short supply in this size- anyone got good sources out there i should check with that i may not have thought of?

Many thanks
I get mine at Bluejay Industrial in Hayden, Idaho. They can make any size you want. Not too far from you.

/ sources for quality front chains? #9  
For the smaller front tires look for ATV tire chains.
On your size chains the OD and width are the determining factors the rim size has little to do with it.
1700661084138.png

Thanks Lou
I think you were the guy posting the drive on method for chains years ago?