SPAM.......WOW

/ SPAM.......WOW
Yeah we're working on this. Apparently a bunch of accounts are getting past the filters. :mad: :thumbdown:

Thank you.

I know you are working hard on it. That 60 second wait is a bear though:mur:

/ SPAM.......WOW #12  
Thank you.

I know you are working hard on it. That 60 second wait is a bear though:mur:

I think I just updated this setting. Let me know if it's still a 60 second minimum if and when you report more posts.

/ SPAM.......WOW #13  
thanks, will do. I hit delay earlier today, several times. Glad you've addressed this.

/ SPAM.......WOW #14  
I think I just updated this setting. Let me know if it's still a 60 second minimum if and when you report more posts.

Jeez...I hope so!
I reckon I spent more time reporting SPAM this morning then reading posts.

/ SPAM.......WOW #15  
Muhammad, most SPAM lately is obvious from the subject, country or name of poster....once a report has been made, is there a way that the post can indicate that a SPAM report has been logged against that thread.

Point is, if a thread has already been reported as SPAM, then I don't have to report it...but currently I can't know if it's been reported, thus I suspect you get multiple reports on the same thread.

/ SPAM.......WOW #16  
Muhammad, most SPAM lately is obvious from the subject, country or name of poster....once a report has been made, is there a way that the post can indicate that a SPAM report has been logged against that thread.

Point is, if a thread has already been reported as SPAM, then I don't have to report it...but currently I can't know if it's been reported, thus I suspect you get multiple reports on the same thread.

I agree...that would make life simpler.
And Bird has asked us to not reply with "Spam Reported"

/ SPAM.......WOW

Thats pretty much the same on any forum. All it does is make two posts for them to delete. So twice the work.

/ SPAM.......WOW

It appears to work now without the 60 second delay. Allthough the report feature is still pretty slow. But I can live with it just without the wait of the delay.

/ SPAM.......WOW #19  
Thats pretty much the same on any forum. All it does is make two posts for them to delete. So twice the work.

Yep, Ol' Bird explained that...

/ SPAM.......WOW

I just asked in another thread:

But are should we reply that we reported it so other members know IF we dont quote the spam? Does that make more cleanup work for the mods??

I would think (but I have no clue) that it would be easier to clean up a spam post that has a reply that says " spam reported" than it would be to deal with hundreds of people reporting the same post??