SPAM.......WOW

/ SPAM.......WOW #21  
Hmm I think muhammad needs to clarify how it works on his end. I am assuming (envision) that when we report spam - it gets sent to him as email with link to post. all he has to do is click link and it goes to offensive post or thread and since he is already logged in a admin, he can just simply delete the post(s). however a thread probably needs to be empty of posts first before deleting, hence reason why bird says don't reply. A multitude amount of emails in his inbox is nothing I bet compared to amount of work on deleting the thread.

IMHO - reporting threads is no biggie and just leave it up to the admins. The admins DEPENDS on us so I wouldnt worry about if it been reported or not - so report it yourself till thread disappears in few hours. The number of views tells me the same thing in a thread so I know its been reported or not. I am going to guess a view of 20-30 or so is a good number to know when its been reported. We have a good amount of regulars here :thumbsup:

/ SPAM.......WOW
I guess that is what I am looking for....confirmation of what works best for them.

IE:

Option 1. Report post and make a simple relpy that says "reported"

or

Option 2. possibly have 20-30 members report the offensive post.

Does adding a reply really make that much more work? I would think they could just click "delete thread" and the thread AND the reply that says "reported" woudl simply go away.

Maybe it isnt that simple??

/ SPAM.......WOW #23  
I guess that is what I am looking for....confirmation of what works best for them.

IE:

Option 1. Report post and make a simple relpy that says "reported"

or

Option 2. possibly have 20-30 members report the offensive post.

Does adding a reply really make that much more work? I would think they could just click "delete thread" and the thread AND the reply that says "reported" woudl simply go away.

Maybe it isnt that simple??

The problem (per Bird) is they ban the spam poster. If there are any replies, those members may end up being banned as well.
Also, although it seems most of the spammers do their threads as "New Members", some also post in existing threads...then it would require going through a thread (that might be several pages long).
The mods are unpaid part time volunteers who want to spend enjoyable time on TBN (just as we all do). Removing spam isn't part of that enjoyment.

/ SPAM.......WOW
The problem (per Bird) is they ban the spam poster. If there are any replies, those members may end up being banned as well.

If that is true, then I wont reply to the thread to let everyone know it has already been reported.

I just want to do watever works best for them.

The idea about turning the the little reoprt icon red if a post has been reported seems like a good idea:thumbsup:

/ SPAM.......WOW #25  
If that is true, then I wont reply to the thread to let everyone know it has already been reported.

I just want to do watever works best for them.

The idea about turning the the little reoprt icon red if a post has been reported seems like a good idea:thumbsup:

Yes, it is a good idea and I hope they can do that.