spare tire mount?...

/ spare tire mount?...
The stake pocket /d-ring tie-down could be useful. I know back when I was hauling hay-18 wheeler loads. We were loading out of ca. and bringing back into Tx. Loading Alphapha square bails....the local guys had thier trailers set up with D-rings, they would set the V-boards up and they had one synthetic rope attached at each corner of the front of the trailer and same set up for the back. the rope would reach about a 1/4 way on top of the load. They then use a ratchet come a long hooked to each rope on top of trailer and crank that puppy down tight. Withe V boards it would pull all the square bale up very tight. Jump in the truck and gone. Mean while I am still throwing straps and trying to get stuff hooked right for the long haul back.. I knew then if I was going make a habit of hauling squares alot, I was going to change stuff around and use their method. That little drop in would be nice option for something like that.

/ spare tire mount?... #32  
While I never claimed to be an expert on the tie down subject, I'm not at all new to using and loading trailers having used one kind or another for 35+ years, I do still find out new things all the time, when seeing the pocket D-ring it just didn't register in my mind that having something like this could be 100% fail proof, I guess you can call me... "old school"..... :cool: I can assure you my intent was not to give incorrect information, but only a personal opinion, So for those who might be new to owning trailer and now scratching their heads over what you have read in this thread, I want to give a link to the actual safety regulation,
Driver's Handbook on Cargo Securement - Chapter 2: General Cargo Securement Requirements - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration