Specs for new 3320

/ Specs for new 3320 #21  
From reading through this thread it sounds to me that the joystick for the 3x20 and 4x20 machines does not have the switch features available. I have considered adding the diverter valve to my 4520 and had assumed it would work the same as the 110. With the 110 you can turn on the auxillary hydraulics via a rocker switch on the side panel then with a hand on the joystick push the thumb operated diverter valve switch and a rocker switch for the third valve. In a nutshell it isn't necessary to move your hand from the joystick to change from any of the functions or modes of operation.

So my question would be is the panel mounted switch the only one for the electric diverter on the tractors or is there also a switch on the joystick?

/ Specs for new 3320 #22  
On my 3320 I have the 3rd scv. It is on the back of the tractor. It is operated with a lever that is just to the right and near the joystick. I use it to open and close the grapple. I also have the diverter. To use it, I have a rocker switch that is behind the lever for the 3rd scv. Move the rocker switch, a red light comes on, then use the joystick. Left/Right does one scv and forward/backward does the other one. JC

/ Specs for new 3320 #23  
On my 3320 I have the 3rd scv. It is on the back of the tractor. It is operated with a lever that is just to the right and near the joystick. I use it to open and close the grapple. I also have the diverter. To use it, I have a rocker switch that is behind the lever for the 3rd scv. Move the rocker switch, a red light comes on, then use the joystick. Left/Right does one scv and forward/backward does the other one. JC

I think I will check into whether or not the joystick knob setup on the 110 can be added to the 4520. It would be more convenient to use.:thumbsup:

edit
I will have to take a close look at the two hydraulic systems to see but will also assume the third valve needs to be electric operated too.

Really want to have four sets of rear outlets for a fully hydraulic rear blade similar to a 210 LE landscape loader.

/ Specs for new 3320 #24  
I will have to take a close look at the two hydraulic systems to see but will also assume the third valve needs to be electric operated too.

Really want to have four sets of rear outlets for a fully hydraulic rear blade similar to a 210 LE landscape loader.

I thought that the FEL front SCV would need to be electrically operated as well. Once you activate the diverter and direct the hyd function to the loader (front vs rear) how does one control the grapple (or whatever implement; snow blower, hyd auger, etc.)? Gotta be a switch somewhere...

I have been assuming that the control feature would be located on the joystick. (You know what they say about "assuming".)

Steve; You can have up to 5 SCV's on your 4520.

Since you aren't using the FEL hyd circuits (2) - couldn't you route all functions from the diverter and mount them on the rear of the tractor along with the "individual" non-diverter 3rd SCV?

Going from the 110 situation - you'd have everything on the joystick - 2 functions; left and right and forward and back. 2 functions via the front toggle; top and bottom rocker and then reverse the selected SCV and top and bottom rocker again. Confusing... (It sure could be when you're working!) One caveat - when the aux hyd are selected and it's front directed - you'll only have 1 hyd circuit available; cause the other 2 are the FEL and they're "deadheaded".

Nonetheless, that's actually 4 hyd functions via the joystick and with the lever-activated 3rd rear SCV - you'd have all 5 at the rear of the tractor. Of course, only 4 would ever be available.

Of course, that assumes that the joystick configuration available on the 110 is available with the 4520.

AKfish

/ Specs for new 3320 #25  
AKfish,

That is what I was thinking of doing by adding the diverter valve, right now I have the joystick feeding out the rear of the tractor. With the third valve that allows three circuits, adding the diverter too would be five total. You are right about having four circuits on the joystick if the momentary diverter switch will cross over. That joystick knob changeout should be simple to do.

Now if you can add an electric solenoid to the third valve and use a three spool diverter as the 110 does you could have six.:thumbsup::D
Don't think I need that many though.

I have considered teeing in a set of couplers from the front auxillary couplers to the rear of the 110 which would give me four at the rear (leaving the front unused) you couldn't use them simultaneously but I could live with that. I would have joystick control of four outlets for very little money that way (maybe $125). Tee into the front coupler lines where they exit the valve with short hoses and a new pair of couplers.

/ Specs for new 3320 #26  
Radman,
Which R4's did you have on the 3720? The larger or smaller ones?

thanks,
Rob

/ Specs for new 3320 #27  
Radman,
Which R4's did you have on the 3720? The larger or smaller ones?

thanks,
Rob
I had the smaller ones. However, I think the larger ones are only a couple of inches taller.

/ Specs for new 3320 #28  
I had the smaller ones. However, I think the larger ones are only a couple of inches taller.

That's correct. I was told by Deere technical dept. that the smaller ones have better stability. Also they are firmer (6 ply) as opposed to the larger ones that are 4 ply and run on lower tire pressure.

If you felt they were 'tipsy' I better get weights or Rimguard. I'm interested to see how the 485 BH affects balance though.

Rob

/ Specs for new 3320 #29  
I have a 3520 w/ 300CX loader. I opted for the skid steer carrier and a 72" HD bucket w/ replacable cutting edge. The bucket came from JD's 110 series backhoe.

The bucket may seem like overkill in width but I have my wheels turned out and wanted a bucket that was wider than my wheel width. The "Skid-steer" buckets are NOT recommended for this loader due to their break-out force.

The skid-steer compatability is nice but consider that with this your attachments will also have to be (or you'll be swapping carriers around). Good choice if you have or will be buying skid-steer attachments.

3rd. function on the loader is nice (I have it) but hydraulic flow may limit what you can use it for.

Hope this is of some use to you.

/ Specs for new 3320 #30  
The "Skid-steer" buckets are NOT recommended for this loader due to their break-out force.

Depends on the type of "skid steer" bucket. The JD skid steer foundry bucket is shaped/sized like a CUT bucket and more HD than the HD JD CUT buckets. The vast majority of skid steer buckets are low profile which have a long bottom. Not good for a CUT bucket.