Specs on Skid-steers

/ Specs on Skid-steers #11  
JD is making a new 300 series skid steer due out soon I guess. The bad thing with JD is that they are not going to put out a tracked model so JD will be behind once again. The Gehl CTL 60 is a good seller for us and it's a sweet machine.

/ Specs on Skid-steers #12  
300 series? Maybe they won't look so much like the NH machines...

/ Specs on Skid-steers #13  
The skid loaders now don't look anything like the NHs. Only the older 8555s or whatever they were called look like the New Hollands.

/ Specs on Skid-steers #14  
Wow... differing opinions!

I think the JD is identical to the NH machine. They have almost the same lift design -- both are exactly scissors-lift models, both have a low engine hood, both have interior-operated boom locks, both have two low-mounted boom stops, both have damned large tires, both have direct-drive, both have the same size chains, both have handles on the boom, both have four hydraulic cylinders, both tout their stability, both have operators saying they're great because they're more stable... the list goes on. I know they're not nearly the same machine, but the JD looks (simply from its frame design) like the NH. I'm not displeased with this -- JD has gone far in SSL production -- it's just that I'm not surprised because NH made the JD SSL for a long, long time. (As you mentioned -- the 8875 down to the 3375 were all rebranded and re-engined NHs.)

Let us know if you come up with more 300 series specs or info

Xing

/ Specs on Skid-steers #15  
I love the Bobcats over the Deere's any day over the week. My dad has one at the car dealership and I drove it to compare it to the Deere's I drive at my place of work at JD dealership and the Bobcat has a way better interior for the cab and is better built overall. I have no info on the new 300 series to pass out as I am not in sales so I don't hear much of what is coming out until I see it on the truck and unload it. We also sell Gehl and I have driven a CTL 60 a few times and the electronic joysticks are a dream to operate. I find the Deere skidsteers to have high effort foot control pedals when making small adjustments and the forward levers are hard to move too. The Bobcats and all Gehls are very nice. If I had the money I would buy a Gehl 7600. WOW that is a machine to operate.

/ Specs on Skid-steers #16  
Aww... *blush*

Glad to know there's a Bobcat supporter out there still.

/ Specs on Skid-steers #17  
Why what's happening? Not as many buyers now? We sure don't sell Deere skid steers worth crap. If I had to look at Deere vs Bobcat I would get Bobcat. The Deere's are a joke.

/ Specs on Skid-steers #18  
I've just heard a lot of stuff on this board and lawnsite and plowsite that's pro-Cat and pro-Case and pro-NH; most people seemingly haven't been looking at Bobcat for that reason. I don't think Bobcat is losing market, per se, but there are a lot of big companies turning to Cat and Case because now Cat has small equipment and Case has big equipment. Those new XT skids are hot -- scary but true.

Anyone else know if Bobcat is losing?

/ Specs on Skid-steers #19  
Speaking of new models, Case is going to be introducing a new line of machines as well to supercede the XT line. A rubber-track model may be available from them shortly as well.

/ Specs on Skid-steers #20  
Deere needs rubber tracks so we can actually compete with the other brands. If we did not sell Gehl we would have virtually no skid loader sales. The guys in the shop tell me the Gehls are easier to work on and are a lot better built than the Deeres. I believe them too after having to wash out the engine bays of both.