Specs on Skid-steers

/ Specs on Skid-steers #31  
Gehl also puts a foot throttle in their machines and I also find it very handy to keep my hands on the hand controls while increasing engine RPM.

/ Specs on Skid-steers #32  
I agree. It's about time someone decided to keep a foot decelerator available. I'm only hoping Bobcat picks up on the clues sometime soon. *rolls eyes*

/ Specs on Skid-steers #33  
Wow! Great post detailing the lion's share of the skid steer manufacturers out there. One detail I'd like to correct on the Deere units regarding the boom arm. The Deere boom is NOT connected to the cab, but to the rear post which is integrated into the frame. Also regarding stability of such a system, it is connected to the frame at six points (two via lower links, two via the upper link, and two via the lift cylinders) as opposed to four (two at the rear tower and two via the lift cylinders) in a radial lift design. Such a design provides great strength and stability, and of course as all vertical lift machines provides a lift that doesn't move in an arc away from your work as you lift it.

Goose

/ Specs on Skid-steers #34  
Goose, you're right. I forgot the one at the top of the cab. That makes three per side (I originally said two) and six total. *slaps himself* Duh.

Forgot a manufacturer --

Volvo. Great, sturdy machines, but Volvo isn't always necessarily dedicated to its smallest machines, but that may change, seeing as how they really did a good job with the backhoe loader. In any case, however, Volvo is a quarry comopany -- you won't see a lot of its machines in building construction (much more in pits). Consequently, SSL won't be its primary focus. Even so -- they acquired the Scat Trak line, which was a rugged, tough line that featured machines with ample power and axle torque. No vertical lift and limited brand awareness (Scat Trak). Volvo will need to differentiate itself in the coming months if it wants to make itself known. I mean, Komatsu has a wider reach than Volvo, Cat had anti-stall, Deere had a new vertical lift system. Volvo just has a solid machine. Not bad products -- not by any means -- just a little too ordinary. Though... ordinary is sometimes good for contractors who need, simple, "a good, solid machine."

/ Specs on Skid-steers #35  
I'd like to have this setup.

Attachments

• 459151-ASV RC-30.jpg
    459151-ASV RC-30.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 230
   / Specs on Skid-steers #36  
Don't have much to say on this issue. I'm personally not a huge fan of skidsteers period but when I do use them.....I work for a rental company and we have both bobcat and gehl skidsteers. We started switching over to gehl not too long ago. The only thing I don't like about gehl is they are SOOOOOOOO bumpy and their cap is a little on the boring side, plus you can't see a **** thing when you're backing up. You look out either side or out the back and you can't see nothing but yellow!

Blake
WA

/ Specs on Skid-steers #37  
Deere's new skid steers -- have not seen them at all.

317 -- replaces 240
320 -- replaces 250
325 -- replaces 260
328 -- replaces 270
332 -- replaces 280

Interesting nomenclature -- never seen a company do quite the same thing.

Still all vertical lift. More engine horsepower and better lift capacity but that's all I know at the moment.

/ Specs on Skid-steers #38  
I heard the mention of the 300 series at work but I did not even hear of all the models as you just no track model YET! Hopefully these things will be nicer than the ones now. The ones now look great but run not as nice as a Bobcat or Gehl.

/ Specs on Skid-steers #39  
I've used them, but with a regular bucket. It is an awesome machine! I want to get one, but gotta save a bit, since selling my CUT would only give me half the $$$

/ Specs on Skid-steers #40  
We'll see how it goes...

Hope Bobcat is watching with eyes peeled.