Sprayer SPRAYER QUESTION

/ SPRAYER QUESTION #11  
rinse the sprayer with neutralizing agent after use.

John,
I asked a friend who farms about 3000 acres about this and he said that household amonia would do the trick. Based on that, I've been using about a quart of amonia in 25gallons on my third rinse and had no problems.

/ SPRAYER QUESTION #12  
Nutra-Sol can be pruchased from Agri-Supply. I use it all the time in my 25 gallon Fimco sprayer.

Page 14 in the catalog.

Agri-Supply catalog

/ SPRAYER QUESTION #13  
Hardi recommends ammonia at a 1:100 ratio (1 gallon ammonia to 100 gallons water), run it through and let it sit overnight, then flush. Since ammonia is corrosive, I think Indy's suggestion of running some diesel through the pump is a good one. Antifreeze is also recommended by some mfg's both for lubrication and freeze proofing. Gemplers (gemplers.com) also sell a couple of commercial neutralizer/cleaners. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ SPRAYER QUESTION #14  
All.... Thanks for the information on rinsing.

If you use the dye, how hard is it to get the dye off sidwalks and driveways? Will it hose off or do you need to brush it?

John

/ SPRAYER QUESTION #15  
The tracer dye dissipates with exposure to UV (sun). Depends on how much you use in your mix. Undiluted tracer is a real bugger to get rid of or off of, so be careful when mixing. I have never sprayed it on concrete as all my spray surfaces are gravel or field. I can't tell its been sprayed after about a week in the sun. Around concrete I didn't want to risk staining, I would use a backpack or a Killer Kane.

Bob /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ SPRAYER QUESTION #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( All.... Thanks for the information on rinsing.

If you use the dye, how hard is it to get the dye off sidwalks and driveways? Will it hose off or do you need to brush it?

John )</font>

I went to the National Farm MAchinery Show this past Feb. (Here in Louisville) I bought a couple bottles of tracer dye that were a different color than what I normally use. I thought it'd be a good idea in case I had to re-spray an area. I got home and started taking all my SWAG out of the plastic bag(s) That's when I discovered one of the bottles was leaking. I got it all over my hands. It took weeks to get it all off. I had a bit of a hissy fit when I found it leaking. Without thinking, I launched it towards the pond in back of my shop. Like I said, that was in Feb....... We STILL have a bright orange pond....

It's hard to blame it on someone else when I had orange hands.....

/ SPRAYER QUESTION #17  
WOW... it sounds like I better be careful with the dye! How big is the pond? There are a lot of Kubota owners that may give that a try. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ SPRAYER QUESTION #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( WOW... it sounds like I better be careful with the dye! How big is the pond? There is a lot of Kubota owners that may give that a try. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

It's probably no more than 50 X 75, and MAYBE 4' deep. The wife HAD to have a duck pond for the grandkids..... Now it's "day-glo orange" with no ducks......

/ SPRAYER QUESTION #19  
I will second what has been said above. The undiluted dye is very hard to get off of anything. If it gets on your hands they are going to be colored for a while. The sun is what makes it go away. A sprayed some roundup with red dye in a flower bed that was grown up with weeds two weeks ago and got the dye on our porch and sidewalk surrounding the bed. It is completely gone now.

/ SPRAYER QUESTION
I missed the post about whoever uses a little diesel fuel in with their sprayer to keep things lubricated. Do you add this to the rinse, or when exactly? And how much per 100gal of water??