Squeal like a pig!

/ Squeal like a pig! #21  
I'm pretty sure the Republic of Texas has received more than 500 doses by now

Yeah, I'm not sure if he misspoke or if I misunderstood him, or if he was only talking about individual primary care doctors, not counting health departments, hospitals, and such. However, according to the link below to the Dallas Morning News this morning, Texas has been on the low end with only Mississippi receiving fewer doses. And I guess that's doses per hundred population; not an absolute number.

Texas got fewer swine flu vaccine doses than most states.

/ Squeal like a pig! #22  
Based on that article Texas has 178,000 doses now and another 800,000+ on order. Apparently Texas requested less vaccine per person than most other states.

/ Squeal like a pig! #23  
Yeah, I'm not sure if he misspoke or if I misunderstood him, or if he was only talking about individual primary care doctors, not counting health departments, hospitals, and such. However, according to the link below to the Dallas Morning News this morning, Texas has been on the low end with only Mississippi receiving fewer doses. And I guess that's doses per hundred population; not an absolute number.

Texas got fewer swine flu vaccine doses than most states.

Bird I saw that on the news, it was 500 doses for Dallas county (up to that date). Tonight on the news their saying the supply should start real good in the first half of November.

/ Squeal like a pig! #24  
Bird I saw that on the news, it was 500 doses for Dallas county (up to that date). Tonight on the news their saying the supply should start real good in the first half of November.

That's probably right. The doctor I talked to is in Denton county, and two articles in the Denton Record-Chronicle quote Dr. Burton, head of the county health department as saying he ordered 20,000 doses and has now received two shipments of 200 doses each for a total of 400 doses, but the newspaper also printed that "He said private health care providers are receiving vaccines and encouraged people to check with them." So maybe my doctor was talking about what private health care providers have received in Denton county.

/ Squeal like a pig! #26  
Flu shots are like seat belts. They may save 100,000 lives a year but everyone talks about the one rare occurrence where they took a life.

Cause they don't want to be the "one". That would be the one unlucky time to draw the lottery.

/ Squeal like a pig! #27  
Yep, everything in life is a chance. Usually (maybe not always:D) I like the odds to be in my favor, but yes, even then you can lose.

/ Squeal like a pig! #28  
Flu deaths per year in USA approx 38,000
Flu vaccine related deaths/yr maybe one.

I like those odds.

/ Squeal like a pig! #29  
Flu deaths per year in USA approx 38,000
Flu vaccine related deaths/yr maybe one.

I like those odds.

I agree. Of course, I'm one who has routinely and regularly worn seat belts since 1962 when I had to install aftermarket seat belts in my car.:D And that habit probably saved my life on December 29, 1965, when I was a passenger in the right front seat of a car that hit a tree head on.

/ Squeal like a pig! #30  
I had a Dr. appt yesterday and was planning on getting a regular seasonal flu shot. It turns out the clinic is out of vaccine and won't have more until next week.:(

I believe in vaccines. Even though the seasonal flu vaccine is different, can anyone question the success of the polio and smallpox vaccines? When I compare the risk to driving a car, it doesn't even come close.