Squealing BX2660

/ Squealing BX2660 #11  
Good luck with your tractor, I will be curious to hear what you find out as this is a new one on me.

/ Squealing BX2660 #12  
just out of curiousity - whats the RPMS of BX running when you try to raise your fel and it fails ? I know that the BX25/BX2660 supposed to move a little at lower then 1600rpm like the BX24/BX2650's

/ Squealing BX2660
just out of curiousity - whats the RPMS of BX running when you try to raise your fel and it fails ? I know that the BX25/BX2660 supposed to move a little at lower then 1600rpm like the BX24/BX2650's

From idle to max no movement.

/ Squealing BX2660 #14  
John..I have a NH and a JD both with FEL's ..I had the same sqealing problem on my NH TC -29 and it was the pressure relief valve kicking in. So I adjusted the pressure relief adjusting rod that goes to the valve. You raise your 3 pt. hitch all the way up until you hear the squeal and then back down just to where the sqeal stops and then adjust your control rod..on the NH it was just a matter of taking off one nut and adjusting another nut up the rod and then replacing the end nut. That's on a NH. As far as your FEL and Mower deck not working after you disconnected and reconected the QC's... It sounds like you got some air in your hydraulic lines and need to bleed the system. On a NH the hydraulic pump and fluid serve much of the tractor..trans & all so I would caution you about operating your tractor if that pump is not working due to air in the lines..again this is the way it is with NH...Kubota may be the same or similar..GL John....I just remembered ( senior moment here too ) when I had that squealing I changed the Hydraulic filter and it stopped the squealing...but the other on the adjusting rod for the pressure relief valve and air in the lines..still applies as well.

Last edited:
   / Squealing BX2660 #15  
Check the 3 pt hitch lowering speed control and make sure it is open all the way. (that's the knob in front of the seat right above the hump in the floor, NOT the height adjustment knob) That should allow the 3 pt and MMM to drop. It should have no effect on any other function.

Next make sure your hydraulic lines are connected to the correct nipples. Crossing these QCs will lock the fel in all directions but will probably allow the "2 hairs" of movement

/ Squealing BX2660
This morning I started tractor, let it warm up and still nothing but the slightest movement of fel arms up. Mowing deck and 3ph arms still no down. Stood on 3ph arms and pushed lever and still no down. Revved engine up and worked FEL stick all around and over and over and it would sort of make tractor jump with rapid up and down but almost no movement. Checked deck again and it started working fine. Went to Barlows and talked to Steve Barlow who suggested I unhook 4 QC's and hook them up again. I had them all pushed down to where I couldn't pull them back off. Came back home, started tractor and deck/3ph still working but fel same. Turned off, unhooked all 4 QC's and started hooking them back up. 2 hooked back up and clicked on connected. 2 wouldn't click connected. Started and tried fel and fel arms lifted and lowered. Raised arms to get better access to QC's. Finally got the 3rd QC to click connected. Blue one wouldn't. I tried all functions of fel and bucket and all functions worked only right push of stick made bucket raise one time and lower next time. Forward and back on stick raised and lowered fel arms. Pulled tractor back in garage and figured I'd let Kubota mechanic push blue QC on. After stopping tractor and turning off I went to try one more time to push Blue QC on and it just slid on and clicked locked. Now back to everything working other than the BX nemisis/gremlin of low right front tire. Hadn't had the low tire before and was thinking I had finally gotten a BX that didn't leak air out of one of the front tires. I don't have an answer as to what this was all about or why it happened but the squeal is now gone and all fel and bucket functions and deck and 3ph are now working. It went from working to squealing to not working without any actions on my part except to drive it to tractor garage (loud squealing with far right fel stick which is bucket dump) and turning it off and then starting it back up the next morning. The repair seemed to be running it and working fel stick and disconnecting and reconnecting QC's till they clicked seated. It was working before disconnecting and reconnecting QC's before squealing started and they were not touched between working with the squeal and starting tractor next morning and not working.

/ Squealing BX2660 #17  
Came back home, started tractor and deck/3ph still working but fel same. Turned off, unhooked all 4 QC's and started hooking them back up. 2 hooked back up and clicked on connected. 2 wouldn't click connected. Started and tried fel and fel arms lifted and lowered. Raised arms to get better access to QC's. Finally got the 3rd QC to click connected. Blue one wouldn't. Pulled tractor back in garage and figured I'd let Kubota mechanic push blue QC on. After stopping tractor and turning off I went to try one more time to push Blue QC on and it just slid on and clicked locked.
Could there be a temp differential involved?
Unhooking the QC cold. They warm a bit in the sun. Hard to connect. Pull in garage, shade, cool, click and lock.

/ Squealing BX2660 #18  
John,

When you remove the BH or FEL, turn the engine off and release all hydro pressure from the item you are removing. Move the joysticks in all directions, you will notice the implement relax, then remove the QC's. You may have had excessive residual pressure in the system. I do this every time I uninstall these items.

/ Squealing BX2660 #19  
John,

When you remove the BH or FEL, turn the engine off and release all hydro pressure from the item you are removing. Move the joysticks in all directions, you will notice the implement relax, then remove the QC's. You may have had excessive residual pressure in the system. I do this every time I uninstall these items.

Ditto :D

/ Squealing BX2660
Could there be a temp differential involved?
Unhooking the QC cold. They warm a bit in the sun. Hard to connect. Pull in garage, shade, cool, click and lock.

I don't think the temp was the issue because I had tractor just barely out of the door and pulled in, got off tractor and went straight to connector and pushed it on when the blue one connected. Most of my connects and disconnects were in the garage and it sure wasn't cool.:) I was soaking my tshirt. But I will try to do connects and disconnects when it's cool because that makes sense to me that heat can cause expansion of fluids.

ItimswiRe: Squealing BX2660
John,

I had done that when I took the bucket off about 6 weeks ago. When I reinstalled the bucket and worked it for an hour os so, it started squealing then the next day fel and 3 ph wouldn't do anything.
I had taken a mowing deck off of one of my previous tractors, I believe it was the BX2200. I reattached the deck and hooked the drive shaft back up. Later there was this horrible sound and oil pouring out. The drive shaft had came loose and hit the oil filter. From then on I made sure the connector clicked tight/locking ring snapped locked on the drive shaft, not just connected.
Guess I'm now going to always make sure QC's "click" locked. Maybe they were together enough to run and sucked some air into system and when the tractor was turned off the hoses relaxed enough "which you can see them do when you turn the tractor off" to not be connected enough to operate and I was never getting them attached when I kept putting them back on. I now believe this is what happened so you'all need to make sure your QC's click locked when you reattach your hoses. I know I will.
Steve Barlow said sometimes a mowing deck will come up to high and sort of lock up. I had got hung up a bit on a rock and that may be why my mowing deck/3ph would not come down so could have been 2 different issues that happened at the same time. I did stand on 3ph arms and step on deck a few times which may have released them.
Thanks to all for input.