Squealing BX2660

/ Squealing BX2660 #21  
John,

When I first got my BX I didn't completely unload the hydro pressure on the BH. An when I went to re-install it, the QC wouldn't completely connect due to the pressure in the BH lines. I did move the joysticks, but not enough. I had to fight with that thing for 20 minutes to get it on.

Just sayin, because i've been there. The QC's should connect as easily as an air tool would to a compressor. If it's worse than that, there's too much residual pressure.

/ Squealing BX2660
John,

When I first got my BX I didn't completely unload the hydro pressure on the BH. An when I went to re-install it, the QC wouldn't completely connect due to the pressure in the BH lines. I did move the joysticks, but not enough. I had to fight with that thing for 20 minutes to get it on.

Just sayin, because i've been there. The QC's should connect as easily as an air tool would to a compressor. If it's worse than that, there's too much residual pressure.

I believe that was my problem. I don't think I ever got them totally connected before. I did loosen one of the nuts on the hydraulics on the fel arm till some fluid ran out which probably relieved the pressure enough to get them on.
Guess this can be informative to all that QC's should connect fairly easy and if they don't, relieve the pressure and make sure they "click" connected.

/ Squealing BX2660 #23  
I was talking with another TBN member last night and he had an interesting comment that could be the cause of "difficult to connect" Hydraulis Quick Attach connectors. When the loader or tractor is disconnected and left in the sun the hydraulic oil in the cylinders and lines heats up and expands. If you try to reconnect the Quick Attach Connectors you will have to overcome that pressure to fully seat the connector. There are a couple of ways to get around this...wait until the loader cools or relieve the pressure by loosening hydraulic fittings.

Jim

/ Squealing BX2660
I was talking with another TBN member last night and he had an interesting comment that could be the cause of "difficult to connect" Hydraulis Quick Attach connectors. When the loader or tractor is disconnected and left in the sun the hydraulic oil in the cylinders and lines heats up and expands. If you try to reconnect the Quick Attach Connectors you will have to overcome that pressure to fully seat the connector. There are a couple of ways to get around this...wait until the loader cools or relieve the pressure by loosening hydraulic fittings.

Jim

Couple more ways is move stick all around and press in "pin" inside QC fitting. There have been several posts concerning what people use to press in the pin. I've forgot them so can you pin pressers please post what you use to press in the pin. I did use the tip of a screwdriver and fluid went all over plus I don't like using metal tip of screwdriver on the pin. I did loosen one of the fittings to get pressure released last time.

/ Squealing BX2660 #25  
Couple more ways is move stick all around and press in "pin" inside QC fitting. There have been several posts concerning what people use to press in the pin. I've forgot them so can you pin pressers please post what you use to press in the pin. I did use the tip of a screwdriver and fluid went all over plus I don't like using metal tip of screwdriver on the pin. I did loosen one of the fittings to get pressure released last time.

John, sad to say, but I too have used the end of a screwdriver to push the ball. By the time you get to the point of needing to do this, the last thing you are worried about is the "proper" tool, but I do need to think about something else such as a brass punch or really hard plastic.

/ Squealing BX2660 #26  
I've used a wood dowel and a mallet to depress the ball. I also wrapped a rag around the fitting and dowel before I whacked it to catch the fluid spray. Whatever method you use, check the fitting for chips/dirt before you try to connect it.

/ Squealing BX2660
John, sad to say, but I too have used the end of a screwdriver to push the ball. By the time you get to the point of needing to do this, the last thing you are worried about is the "proper" tool, but I do need to think about something else such as a brass punch or really hard plastic.

I understand this part very, very, very well.:D

/ Squealing BX2660 #28  
I've used a wood dowel and a mallet to depress the ball. I also wrapped a rag around the fitting and dowel before I whacked it to catch the fluid spray. Whatever method you use, check the fitting for chips/dirt before you try to connect it.

1/4" extension works great for this.

/ Squealing BX2660 #29  
I have used a 16d nail to relieve the pressure on the QC's. I just put the head of the nail in the QC and give it a soft smack with whatever tool I have handy. I also wrap atleast a shop rag around it. With pressure like that hydraulic fluid can cut your skin, and I have heard that could result in some nasty infections. Better safe than sorry.