Stackable hydraulic valves

/ Stackable hydraulic valves #1  

unimog_jason

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 755, Kioti DK40SE, JD 410
My Kioti Dk40 has a single rear hydraulic port with the option to add a second.

I was thinking about adding another valve to my tractor and was curious of the lay out.

I looked at the parts catalog and I'm wondering if there are third party valve bodies available.

I assume Kioti is buying off the shelf hydraulic components where possible, but I haven't been able to find any valves that are similar.

Has anyone seen a valve unit that is similar to the one pictured in the attachment? Ideally, I would like to find some electric valves that I could stack up in place of the mechanical valve.

Attachments

• valve.png
    valve.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 184
   / Stackable hydraulic valves #2  
Don't know the answer to 3rd party vendors to that valve, but you could also replace it with one that is readily available with whatever type valves and number you want. Check out Surplus Center's hydraulics.

/ Stackable hydraulic valves #3  
Unimog
Does Kioti offer the option of purchasing more valve sections? This would confirm fit.

There are lots of valve manufacturers in Europe some of which are Doosan, Walvoil, Hydac, Etc. I have no clue if any of these supply valves to Kioti

/ Stackable hydraulic valves #4  
I've tried the same thing for my Branson tractor. It would probably be cheaper than getting one from the dealer, even I had to make the linkage which is no big deal.

I couldn't come up with a manufacturer for the valve. It's pretty similar to the one you show on your tractor.

The block in the middle of the tractor that provides Pressure, PB, Return and a main Relief valve for the loader is made by Walvoil, if I'm remembering right though.

However, I think this is custom order from the tractor manufacturers for their tractors as they make this stackable valves with only 2 tie rods. The ones you see from a 3rd party vendors are either 3 or 4 tie rods..

/ Stackable hydraulic valves #5  
On the CK series Kioti used a proprietary valve body assembly and I'm betting they did the same for the DK series although yours in the drawing still looks different from mine.

The newer XX10 Series CK & DK valves look to be a little more "off the shelf"

If you want more than the 2 factory valves you're going to have to tap into the power beyond line between the loader valve & the rear of the tractor and use that to feed an new valve block.

I have looked into both manual & electric diverters to plumb downstream of my existing 2 valves to effectively split them into 4 separate functions but the cost (and room to do so) is prohibitive for my limited needs.

Hopefully a DK owner will stumble through shortly and have a better answer to your question.

/ Stackable hydraulic valves
Thanks for all of your input.

Yes, I can buy additional valve bodies from Kioti, it looks like you can stack up as many as you want, there is probably space under the cab for 4 at least, it's just setting up the linkages. There is only room for two linkages from the factory and it's a bit of a complex setup and not easy to modify, hence my desire to determine who made them and see if there are electric valves instead.

I guess if push comes to shove, I'll break the like between the loader valve and the rear valve and insert some additional valves that way.

Jason

/ Stackable hydraulic valves #7  
Curious, any particular reason not to simply use diverters? :confused3:

Attachments

• IMG_3298.JPG
    IMG_3298.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2147.JPG
    IMG_2147.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 159
   / Stackable hydraulic valves
The diverter valves look to be single function, in my application I would be looking for double function so that I can reverse the flow since I would be tapping the flow directly from the pump.

If I were to use the rear valve on the tractor with the diverter valves, it would work but it's a detent valve to start with and the fluid path is return to tank so I loose my 3pt controls while using the diverters, making it a little bit awkward.

In the end, the best solution for what I'm looking for would be it get a stack of electric valves and tap the main flow I think.

Jason

/ Stackable hydraulic valves #9  
The diverter valves look to be single function, in my application I would be looking for double function so that I can reverse the flow since I would be tapping the flow directly from the pump.

If I were to use the rear valve on the tractor with the diverter valves, it would work but it's a detent valve to start with and the fluid path is return to tank so I loose my 3pt controls while using the diverters, making it a little bit awkward.

In the end, the best solution for what I'm looking for would be it get a stack of electric valves and tap the main flow I think.

Jason

The diverters would be used in conjunction with your existing rear remote. You cannot plumb directly from the fluid supply source, they are diverters, not control valves. Again, just a question, so you use your 3pt and a rear remote at the same exact time? I have 3 diverters on my tractor that only had-has a single rear remote available. Zero issues.

I guess I just don't understand what your uses are going to be.:confused: Keep in mind that most electric valves are either open or closed, nothing in between.

Attachments

• IMG_1469.JPG
    IMG_1469.JPG
    741.4 KB · Views: 176
   / Stackable hydraulic valves #10  
The diverters would be used in conjunction with your existing rear remote. You cannot plumb directly from the fluid supply source, they are diverters, not control valves. Again, just a question, so you use your 3pt and a rear remote at the same exact time? I have 3 diverters on my tractor that only had-has a single rear remote available. Zero issues.

I guess I just don't understand what your uses are going to be.:confused: Keep in mind that most electric valves are either open or closed, nothing in between.

Oh, there are most certainly electric valves that are “proportional” meaning you can feather them and shift them only as much as you want, but then the electronics became much more involved than just a switch at that point.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Single axle trailer (A34236)
Single axle...
Sany 24" Bucket for Excavator SY75/SY80/SY95 and Backhoe SLB95 (A33113)
Sany 24" Bucket...
Gleaner N5 Salvage Combine (A33041)
Gleaner N5 Salvage...
2015 Kubota SVL75-2 Two-Speed Track Loader, (A33078)
2015 Kubota...
Sany SY50 MP Hydraulic Thumb (A33113)
Sany SY50 MP...
Life Fitness 95CI Stationary Bicycle, (A33079)
Life Fitness 95CI...