Stackable hydraulic valves

/ Stackable hydraulic valves #11  
Oh, there are most certainly electric valves that are “proportional” meaning you can feather them and shift them only as much as you want, but then the electronics became much more involved than just a switch at that point.

While this is absolutely true, I know of none that are used with the typical utility tractor that is talked about on these forums. I believe that cost might be a factor??

/ Stackable hydraulic valves #12  
While this is absolutely true, I know of none that are used with the typical utility tractor that is talked about on these forums. I believe that cost might be a factor??

Yes you said it better than I did. What I was stumbling around saying. The electronics to operate them cost more than the valves.

/ Stackable hydraulic valves #13  
What is the cost associated with the valves from the dealer? I would have to think that it’s cheaper to buy ONE correct valve then it is to buy two or three wrong valves. The factory valve would guarantee fitment.

/ Stackable hydraulic valves #14  
If you want the stock lever location it's usually easiest to buy the factory kit. That'll have the levers, the valves, and the linkage between them. For example on my Branson the levers fit in a tight space between the seat and fender, the valves bolt on to the transmission housing and the output T port goes directly into the transmission (to the 3pt), and the linkage is complex. It'd be really hard to duplicate.

OTOH I also have another valve which was added by the dealer. It's bolted to the fender (with a nice mount/guard) and connected in line between the loader valve's power beyond and the factory valves. It would not be too hard to fabricate something similar at home. There's a number of threads here from people who have done the same.

The lever position is not factory so it does not have the factory ergonomics. In my case the factory levers are a little short and the dealer added valve's lever is handy on the fender, so it's kind of a wash between the two. But with levers directly mounted to valve bodies you're going to be more limited in placement than a cable or linkage system.

/ Stackable hydraulic valves #15  
Reviving a bit of an old thread, but wanted to build off this.

I've got a CK3510SE cab with the 3rd function up front and the 2 rear-remotes from Kioti. I've installed a hydraulic toplink using one set of the remotes, and still have the other port open, which I believe is for the constant flow like a backhoe.

I would like to get a flail mower with hydraulic offset and tilt like the Del Marino Centurian. And I've been looking at the Summit electronic valve system to multiple the ports.

My question is, would I have to use the remaining rear port or is there a way to directly connect it to the valve body? Are there other open ports on the valve body that I could tap into rather than use the rear remote port.

Thanks for your help!