Stanley Cup

/ Stanley Cup #21  
We have Thomas in goal. That has been the difference. Canucks are getting shots they are just not going in.

/ Stanley Cup #23  
Congrats to Boston.

Sigh, all my teams got wiped out this year. Oh well.

Thomas had a great run in the playoffs. One for history!

/ Stanley Cup #24  
riptides said:
Thomas had a great run in the playoffs. One for history!

Thomas is now officially behind only Bobby Orr in Bruins lore. Amazing performance in the post season.

Marchand didn't have a bad rookie year either.

/ Stanley Cup #25  
Great it has been a long time since Bobby Orr won it for them against St Louis. Great Job Bruins.:thumbsup:

/ Stanley Cup #26  
Hey, they did rename them the New England Patriots a while back to draw in those of you in the hinterlands. I still recall the Boston Patriots!:D
Do you remember they played at BU before they built Schaeffer Stadium Now that's going back away. :D

/ Stanley Cup #27  
As a Canadian I must confess that the Bruins were ( are ) the better team by far. Tim Thomas definitely kept the Bruins in it ...........and Luongo definitely kept the Canucks out of it.

Congratulations Bruins.........you deserve it !!!

/ Stanley Cup #28  
Interesting stats on game seven...in the first period, Boston had received 8 shots on goal while Vancouver received 5, in the second period, it was 13 and 8 and in the third period it was 16 on Boston and 8 on Vancouver for a total of 37 and 21. Clearly the Canucks out shot the Bruins but Tim Thomas made 37 saves for a shut out against the Canucks! What a goalie! It was most apposite that he receive the Conn Smyth Trophy for being the Most Valuable Player of the Stanley Cup finals. He earned it!

FYI, there were more Canadians playing for the Bruins (22) than there were for the Canucks (16) and the Canucks had more Americans playing for them (6) than the Bruins had (4)!

/ Stanley Cup
Yup, Bruins deserved the trophy, Canucks were out of it last night.
When I saw them in game 5 they were dominating, last night looked like they didn't show up.

Felt sorry for the fans.

But Boston must of enjoyed it! I didn't realize it's been so long since they last won the cup. I always thought of BB's as a top winning team.

JB.

/ Stanley Cup #30  
I've just been listening to all the reports of the fighting, burning of vehicles, breaking of window glass, looting ...in other words RIOTING!...that went in Vancouver after the game was over.. Their actions embarrass all decent people in Canada and especially in Vancouver.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I sincerely hope they catch the majority, if not all, of those responsible and throw the proverbial BOOK at them! :mad::mad::mad: What the h*ll is wrong with people?? Another instance where caning should be brought back to punish the offenders. I'll buy the first cane if they ever do decide to do that!