Stanley Cup

/ Stanley Cup #31  
Interesting stats on game seven...in the first period, Boston had received 8 shots on goal while Vancouver received 5, in the second period, it was 13 and 8 and in the third period it was 16 on Boston and 8 on Vancouver for a total of 37 and 21. Clearly the Canucks out shot the Bruins but Tim Thomas made 37 saves for a shut out against the Canucks! What a goalie! It was most apposite that he receive the Conn Smyth Trophy for being the Most Valuable Player of the Stanley Cup finals. He earned it!

FYI, there were more Canadians playing for the Bruins (22) than there were for the Canucks (16) and the Canucks had more Americans playing for them (6) than the Bruins had (4)!

And for those that might have been confused with Vancouver being called Canada's team the Toronto Maple Leafs are Canada's team.

Congratulations Boston! Thanks for two firsts and a second for Kaberle, lol.

/ Stanley Cup #32  
About the riots.....

WOW.

The sportsmanship displayed at the end of the game by the Canadian fans was most welcome.

The display of civil unrest by hoolagans is unreal.

/ Stanley Cup #34  
And for those that might have been confused with Vancouver being called Canada's team the Toronto Maple Leafs are Canada's team.

Congratulations Boston! Thanks for two firsts and a second for Kaberle, lol.

That's right, the universe revolves around Toronto and Ontario. Let me know how far the Maple Laughs got in the playoffs this year. :p:p LOL

/ Stanley Cup #35  
I've just been listening to all the reports of the fighting, burning of vehicles, breaking of window glass, looting ...in other words RIOTING!...that went in Vancouver after the game was over.. Their actions embarrass all decent people in Canada and especially in Vancouver.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I sincerely hope they catch the majority, if not all, of those responsible and throw the proverbial BOOK at them! :mad::mad::mad: What the h*ll is wrong with people?? Another instance where caning should be brought back to punish the offenders. I'll buy the first cane if they ever do decide to do that!

Agreed.:thumbsup:

MoKelly

/ Stanley Cup #36  
I guess Canada stops west of the Manitoba, Ontario border. The Canucks were out goalied not out played.

/ Stanley Cup #39  
Toronto Maple Leafs are Canada's team.
/QUOTE]

Well??? but when was the last time they won the cup.:laughing:

1993 was ours, the Leafs will never win the cup till it makes money for the league. Ask Bruce Mcnall how it works he got the free ride in 93.

The phrase often used, "it is good for hockey", or it will grow the game, they mean the US market, lol, Betman did not get booed for his good looks, every Canadian hockey fan knows the deal.

Pat Quinn, the coach of Vancouver in 94 was asked what he could have change to win the cup in 94 and he said better referees.

Check out the CBC produced movie Bon (good) Cop Bad Cop, it pretty much is a tongue in cheek version of the truth.

Bon Cop Bad Cop - Trailer (English)

YouTube - ‪Bon Cop Bad Cop - Trailer (English)‬‏

Not bitter, a realist:laughing:
The sky is blue the ice is white:thumbsup: