Starting Pole Barn site prep. PT loves the colder weather!

/ Starting Pole Barn site prep. PT loves the colder weather! #1  

PowerTracManiac

Silver Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1460
Thinking 48ft wide by 36ft deep.
Any thoughts on the height? I was thinking 12ft minimum inside with 9 ft tall doors.
Also looking for a pole barn builder that will travel for work in central Virginia?
20240229_154227.jpg

/ Starting Pole Barn site prep. PT loves the colder weather! #3  
There are a couple of barn threads over on rural living that might be useful to you. I think a great deal depends on what you plan to use the space for.

Personally, if it is 12' inside, I would go with a 12' door. Very costly to change later...

All the best,

Peter

/ Starting Pole Barn site prep. PT loves the colder weather! #5  
There are a couple of barn threads over on rural living that might be useful to you. I think a great deal depends on what you plan to use the space for.

Personally, if it is 12' inside, I would go with a 12' door. Very costly to change later...

All the best,

Peter
Probably hard to do 12’ doors with a 12’ ceiling

/ Starting Pole Barn site prep. PT loves the colder weather! #6  
   / Starting Pole Barn site prep. PT loves the colder weather! #7  
@Woodland Farms Nice garage! Love the pallet racking inside.

All the best,

Peter

/ Starting Pole Barn site prep. PT loves the colder weather! #8  
That’s a nice looking building. What brand is it?

I would not recommend the building manufacturer (metal sales out of Denver if I am correct). Cold rolled style building but it lacked fineness. Leaks a bit due to poor quality design.

/ Starting Pole Barn site prep. PT loves the colder weather! #10  
Yeah. It sure is nice but now I need a scissor lift unless I increase my forklift skill.
My forklift skills are never as good as I would like. I'm constantly misjudging the cross slope, slope, and change of the approach angle, especially when I am using my PT forks on rough ground, but they are sure handy on a PT. I'm using mine at least two or three times a week to move heavy things around the ranch.

There seem to be lots of scissor lifts coming off rentals at the moment. Or, if you got a telescoping lift, and a number come with 4WD, and a Deutz (which you would be right at home with), you could probably take on tree work around your place as well.;)

(Who me? I would never encourage you to get more equipment. Nope not me. Never. :ROFLMAO: )

Sorry to hear the garage isn't perfect. It looks spacious, and beautiful.

All the best,

Peter