Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,841  
Ted Corriher's waterfront home.
1714536194975.png

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,842  
I ordered the wicked 55 from EA jan 3 2024. I was told delivery would be "in April". During April I tried contacting them to get a status update. Got absolutely no response to phone (mailbox full), email, or web form, but my order still was showing as "processing". Then I did a web search a few days ago and saw the newspaper articles and forum posts about them going out of business and shutting down. So, I contacted my CC company and disputed the charge. CC company said I will get my money back in 90 days, assuming EA does not respond to their inquiry.

Edit: Here's my summary take, based on web research, newspaper articles, and public documents. EA (Ted) made a big gamble on his market share and strength and convinced the banks to write an ~$8M construction loan and ~$2M opex bridge loan. Allegedly the builder (Neill) f'd up the new building such that Catawba County wouldn't issue a CO, Ted withheld payment, and Neill sued. Ted (allegedly) blocked Neill from accessing the property to correct the problems, (allegedly) misused loan escrow funds to stay afloat, (allegedly) fell behind on loan payments, and ultimately the bank(s) called in the loans. Somewhere along the way a judge also issued a restraining order against Ted to force asset protection and prevent interference because (again, allegedly) Ted was/is transferring property to avoid seizure, and even put his massive 6280 sf luxury house up for sale.

Not judging, just saying. At this point most of this is allegations between EA, Neill, and the banks. But you can be sure of one thing: the lawyers will get paid handsomely regardless.

My personal opinion (based solely on his Youtube videos) is that he is a good guy that took a risky gamble. Markets and public opinion can be fickle...and merciless.

00:19 5/1/2024 CC showing full credit! (I realize it's provisional pending final resolution in 90 days, but still glad to see it. What's in your wallet? haha)

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,843  
Boy, as much as I hate credit cards, this thread has really given reason to rethink that.

Oh, and not much privacy in ol' Teds house.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,844  
You can see your EA order not being filled 24-7

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,845  
I think it might be time to put this one to bed.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,846  
My personal opinion (based solely on his Youtube videos) is that he is a good guy that took a risky gamble. Markets and public opinion can be fickle...and merciless.

Agree. They worked too hard to be scammers.

Personally, I think the owner might have suffered from delusions of grandeur. Elsewhere in this thread, it was mentioned he had Congressional ambitions... And that house... Delusions could possible explain his poor risk assessment.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,848  
Edit: Here's my summary take, based on web research, newspaper articles, and public documents. EA (Ted) made a big gamble on his market share and strength and convinced the banks to write an ~$8M construction loan and ~$2M opex bridge loan. Allegedly the builder (Neill) f'd up the new building such that Catawba County wouldn't issue a CO, Ted withheld payment, and Neill sued. Ted (allegedly) blocked Neill from accessing the property to correct the problems, (allegedly) misused loan escrow funds to stay afloat, (allegedly) fell behind on loan payments, and ultimately the bank(s) called in the loans. Somewhere along the way a judge also issued a restraining order against Ted to force asset protection and prevent interference because (again, allegedly) Ted was/is transferring property to avoid seizure, and even put his massive 6280 sf luxury house up for sale.

I agree with the gamble part.

My understanding is that we don't know what happened between EA & builder; EA claims the builder bungled something, but we haven't heard the builder's side at all (they've also filed suit against EA). My guess is that they didn't complete the job because EA didn't pay an installment along the way, but once again that's just my guess - just as what you said above is your guess.

Note that the property has been on the market for some time now (since August 2022), not a recent thing.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,849  
All we need in this story is a crematorium and we'd have another episode for The Ozark series.
Gotta love Buddy’s character :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,850  
I agree with the gamble part.

My understanding is that we don't know what happened between EA & builder; EA claims the builder bungled something, but we haven't heard the builder's side at all (they've also filed suit against EA). My guess is that they didn't complete the job because EA didn't pay an installment along the way, but once again that's just my guess - just as what you said above is your guess.

Note that the property has been on the market for some time now (since August 2022), not a recent thing.
Yep, always a half dozen sides to the story.

Everything Attachments. The Builder. The Architect. The Engineer. City and County Planners. City and County Inspectors. Whoever approved the building plans.

And, of course, whether any required changes to the building were actually feasible. Or they could apply for a code variance.

I'm surprised that Everything Attachments appears to have completely shut down at the old business before moving into the new building.