Stealing from dealership(s)

/ Stealing from dealership(s) #1  

oldnslo

Tractor
Branson 2400H, JD X540
My local Kubota, MF, Agco dealership was broken into last week and the thieves where prepared.

They backed at least one semi upto the building and using the companies fork lift proceeded to load up lawn mowers, A couple of CUT's, parts, cases of oil etc. Not sure what the thieves are doing other than selling on e-bay or black market.

Is this happening in your neck-O-the woods?

Roy

/ Stealing from dealership(s) #2  
Happened at Danville, Ky at a Kubota dealership about a year or so ago. Right on the main highway 127. Chainlink fence and gates closed and locked. Cut the lock and went on in and got about what you are talking about. Ken Sweet

/ Stealing from dealership(s) #3  
There is a MF dealer around here located a few miles outside a small town. No fence, very little outdoor lighting, no traffic at night. The keys are in all tractors day and night. If I tried that at home my tractor would be gone in a week.

/ Stealing from dealership(s) #4  
There is a MF dealer around here located a few miles outside a small town. No fence, very little outdoor lighting, no traffic at night. The keys are in all tractors day and night. If I tried that at home my tractor would be gone in a week.

25 years ago, I left keys in my tractors on my retail lot. One night at 11:00 PM I heard a tractor fire up out on my lot by the house. I thought for sure it was being stolen, however, the boys said they got off late at work and just wanted to hear it run before they made a offer on it the next day. They don't know how close they come to getting shot with the trusty 38. Ken Sweet

/ Stealing from dealership(s) #5  
25 years ago, I left keys in my tractors on my retail lot. One night at 11:00 PM I heard a tractor fire up out on my lot by the house. I thought for sure it was being stolen, however, the boys said they got off late at work and just wanted to hear it run before they made a offer on it the next day. They don't know how close they come to getting shot with the trusty 38. Ken Sweet

Nice of them to make an offer.:thumbsup::confused2:

/ Stealing from dealership(s) #7  
Our local CNH dealership just had some tractors stolen.. they cut the fence and appear to have used a roll back and made multiple trips..or multiple rollback trucks..

soundguy

/ Stealing from dealership(s) #8  
I would assume that just a couple incidents like this would pay for having someone wander the lot all night to deter theft. Not like they are going to sneak in without being noticed. They wouldn't even need access inside the building, just put up a guard shack to keep them out of the weather. Put a water cooler in it and use it to offer customers a drink during the day and call it a "courtesy station" or something. Maybe a phone for salesmen to be able to use from the lot.

/ Stealing from dealership(s) #9  
I would assume that just a couple incidents like this would pay for having someone wander the lot all night to deter theft. Not like they are going to sneak in without being noticed. They wouldn't even need access inside the building, just put up a guard shack to keep them out of the weather. Put a water cooler in it and use it to offer customers a drink during the day and call it a "courtesy station" or something. Maybe a phone for salesmen to be able to use from the lot.

If a lot is fenced well, a junkyard dog is hard to beat. I have a neighbor that puts his German Shephard in his hardware store every night at closing time. No thefts there. Ken Sweet

/ Stealing from dealership(s)
If a lot is fenced well, a junkyard dog is hard to beat. I have a neighbor that puts his German Shephard in his hardware store every night at closing time. No thefts there. Ken Sweet

With todays laws would the dealership get sued when the dog had a potential thief for lunch???

I agree excellent idea and the dog probably won't sleep during a robbery either...