steering wheel spinner knobs

/ steering wheel spinner knobs #21  
I've had one on my tractor (with power steering) for nearly 10 years. Love it!

Corm

/ steering wheel spinner knobs #22  
I have one on my 790, with PS and love it. I've always had one on my tractors. You don't want to steer with it at road speeds and it is annoying that it is always in a different place with the power steering but when working my BB or doing FEL work I use it all the time to steer the tractor.

/ steering wheel spinner knobs #23  
I don't have PS on my L and pretty much only hold on to the spinner. Nice thing is it always stays in the same position so when going straight it's close to me. I've heard here I believe on some of the hydro or PS systems the steering wheel will shift around and the spinner will not stay in the same spot.

If I'm in the woods I keep a light grip. If I hit a small rut it's no big deal, but a log can go harder and faster. With a light grip, I just let the wheel fly and grab it when it stops. I probably would like PS, but not if my spinner kept moving.

Going from turfs (as in the picture) to 3 rib tires was like getting PS!!

I know...wrong color but that's what I found first!!

Attachments

• spinner2.JPG
    spinner2.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 648
   / steering wheel spinner knobs #24  
I have used the spinners knobs for many years. They will break or bruise you hand if one tire runs up on a stump. The wheel is jerked out of you hand very fast, and about the only thing you can say is Dam*.
It is more forgiving on a power steering system.

/ steering wheel spinner knobs #25  
My BIL has one on his JD 750 with power steering and it is needed. Must be 7-8 rounds lock to lock. Just cant turn the wheel fast enough to maneuver when bushhogging without a speed knob. I plan to put one on my Yanmar also, even though it also has Power Steering and about half the turns lock to lock, when my hands get slick with perspiration, the wheel gets awfully slick. I can steer it with one finger also,but I have had to grab the clutch lots of times to keep from running into somethin because my finger slipped. Very true what others have said, I dont think I would put one on a manual steering knucklebuster

/ steering wheel spinner knobs
thatguy, "suicide knobs" search in all forums came up with 13 threads. One of the funniest was RobJ getting good naturely hammered about his JD spinner.

/ steering wheel spinner knobs #27  
One of the funniest was RobJ getting good naturely hammered about his JD spinner.

That's the funny part, the sad part is with no directions the thing was a booger to figure out how to put it on!!! Think I got it on the 4th try!! ;) ;)

I still need to see if my local TSC has a kubota one as mentioned. Heck another $10, I don't mind green! I'm on record as wishing I had a green tractor, that's what I grew up with. But I'm happy with my orange one.

/ steering wheel spinner knobs #28  
That's the funny part, the sad part is with no directions the thing was a booger to figure out how to put it on!!! Think I got it on the 4th try!! ;) ;)

I still need to see if my local TSC has a kubota one as mentioned. Heck another $10, I don't mind green! I'm on record as wishing I had a green tractor, that's what I grew up with. But I'm happy with my orange one.

We have a red one. Love it!!

/ steering wheel spinner knobs #29  
With the power steering on my JD I find I can just use one finger to spin the wheel so I do not have one. If you don't have power steering they can be knucklebusters or finger breakers though...

And another anomaly with the hydrostatic steering that most CUT's have is that the steering wheel does not stay centered, so the spinner always ends up in a different place.

But.. because of that steering setup.. you -can- move the spinner back where you want it if you do it slowly.. and you don't have that knuckle bustin' to worry about like on a mechanically linked steering setup.

soundguy

/ steering wheel spinner knobs #30  
But.. because of that steering setup.. you -can- move the spinner back where you want it if you do it slowly.. and you don't have that knuckle bustin' to worry about like on a mechanically linked steering setup.

soundguy

True...BUT I know on my tractor at least it's REAL SLOW! I have tried to get my Deere emblem in the steering wheel straight before while mowing, after about 15 minutes I was only 1/4 of the way there and gave up.