Steps to remove hydraulic cylindar

/ Steps to remove hydraulic cylindar #11  
Must of been using a pocket knife. at work we had so many injuries using a pocket knife to cut zipties they finally put a rule in the rule book prohibiting it. they issued us a little pair of snips just for the purpose of cutting zipties.
Yeah. I was using a pocket knife. A pair of snips would have been great, but...

/ Steps to remove hydraulic cylindar #12  
And THIS is why I constantly peruse TBN threads sporteus.

I too haven't had to remove a hydraulic cylinder... yet. Your question and the knowledgeable responses have aided more than yourself. I'll certainly lock this titbit of information away in my brain-box for the future.

Ta.

/ Steps to remove hydraulic cylindar #13  
Steps to removing Hydraulic Cylinders

First, disconnect the negative battery cable from the terminal post.

Remove the Hydraulic Hose.

Remove the bolts that hold the hydraulic cylinder in place.

Drain Hydraulic Fluid.

Clean the Cylinder Area.

Install New Hydraulic Cylinder.

/ Steps to remove hydraulic cylindar #14  
Cant say I have ever unhooked a battery to work on a hydraulic cylinder....

/ Steps to remove hydraulic cylindar #15  

Probably a safety precaution to stop some 'dumb-arse' from firing up up tractor whilst his back is turned or when he's away getting the cylinder repaired.

:confused3: It can't hurt.

/ Steps to remove hydraulic cylindar #16  

Probably a safety precaution to stop some 'dumb-arse' from firing up up tractor whilst his back is turned or when he's away getting the cylinder repaired.

:confused3: It can't hurt.
Remove key.

/ Steps to remove hydraulic cylindar #17  
Yep. Easier to put key in pocket.

/ Steps to remove hydraulic cylindar #19  
Well, while we are at it, better unhook both battery cables, lock battery in lockable cabnet, and drain the fuel as well. And hope the person with a spare key didnt happen to also bring a can of fuel and a spare battery.....:confused3:

/ Steps to remove hydraulic cylindar #20  
Well, while we are at it, better unhook both battery cables, lock battery in lockable cabnet, and drain the fuel as well. And hope the person with a spare key didnt happen to also bring a can of fuel and a spare battery.....:confused3:

I think just disconnecting the one battery cable would be sufficient. :)

I would hazard a guess that it's an SOP for kaleem to do this, either in his part of India or previous training.