stick together

/ stick together #1  

Anonymous Poster

we owners must stick together and put up posts. many view but no responses. i am going out to get firewood this weekend i will update on my progress. please comment.

/ stick together #2  
Do you own a Kioti? Perhaps if you register and give some info on yourself other Kioti owners may join in. Isn't TBN great?

/ stick together #3  
yes this is a good forum, i own an LK3054 with a metavik log trailer. I registered last week and this is my first post since. i would be interested in sharing info on this model, and tractor use in general. my kioti is used as part of my woodmizer sawmill operation and for mowing. though i just bought in june so far my experience has been good. thanks for the invite

/ stick together #4  
James, glad to have you as a member. Personally, I know very, very little about Kioti, and wouldn't even know where to find a dealer in my part of the country, but most of what I've read about Kioti was good. I'm bettin' you'll be happy with it.

Bird

/ stick together #5  
woodmills1,

Welcome to TBN. Before I checked your profile I had a feeling you might be from New England - it seems like Kiotis are a little more common here than in other areas of the country. If you have a digital camera or can get *.jpg files from your local photo developing shop I'd like to see a photo of your rig. Hope you find some more Kioti owners - I remember there being a few over on jplan too.

Rob

/ stick together #6  
Welcome to TBN, I also don't know much about Kioti but hope to learn more from members like you.

/ stick together #7  
Hey woodmills,

Welcome aboard. There seem to be quite a few of the Kiotis up here. I've looked at them a few times,but they are too small for my operation. I'll probably get ostrasized for this next statement: From what I saw the only differences between them and a Kubota were color,decals and PRICE!! I actually liked the look of the Kioti better myself.

Now if we ever get those big Daedongs that pudding talks about,that might be a different story,and more competition for Kubota!!

Let us know how you make out,eh.

/ stick together #8  
well i went into the woods sunday and three hours later i came out with just under a cord of what was choice standing dead red oak and ash. so slick, pull out the winch line, cut the tree, winch it to the trailer. cut into sections and load with the grapple. on the way out up a steep incline with rock outcroppings i hung one of the trailer wheels on a rock cramping a corner. just as a back wheel started to slip the front caught traction and the little kioti pulled me out. really happy with her so far. by the way how are the ash trees where you are, they seem to be dying off here. james

/ stick together #9  
Re: finally some life here

i have always been a fan of the underdog......

i get a lot of flak for my following of japanese machinery...and although the kioti is not japanese.......it bares similar resembilence to how iseki entered the NZ market.......

my father owned 6 iseki's.......all very good tractors.....would have a iseki 7000 (white 2-65) over any thing MF,ford, red, or green of the same time......(believe me.....i driven lots).....

and i like the look of the daedong......

the bigger ones with the perkins motor are a very nice looking machine.........great finish etc......and if ya look at my post below....you will see some

friends of mine here in NZ.......snigger about asian tractors......i never saw there ford 5000, 6600 do 10000 hours on same motor and gearbox.......although it is a generalisation i believe the kioti machines will be good tractors in the long run

in my opinion all they are doing wrong.....is they are not putting the larger kioti into the american/canadian market......you guys are missing some nice kit

ps. woodbeef......they only look like kubota....i have found no information suggesting any relationship between kubota and daedong......have heard a rumour, daedong use iseki diffs and gearbox technology thou?>! dunno how true that is.

laters

pudding

RIDE RED

/ stick together #10  
Hello all

I'm new to this board and Kioti ownership and just wanted to say Hi. I currently own (and will be selling) a Massey TO30 and an International 574. My new tractor (to be delivered on 11/2) will be a Kioti DK45. I was impressed with the Kioti and the local dealer. The "big brand" dealers seemed to have little interest in selling to me, I got very little information out of them and seemed totally unwilling to deal. My experience with tractor repairs on the Massey and International has also not been good.

Looking forward to sharing information on tractors in general and Kioti tractors in particular here on this board.