stick together

/ stick together #11  
Just never seen a Kioti in my area and don't know where there's a dealer in the area, but the pictures (and messages posted by owners) make them sound pretty good. Welcome to the forum and let us know both good and bad about your new tractor.

Bird

/ stick together #12  
i can't wait to hear of your experince. i get the feeling that the dk is nicer for use. i mean it has been designed to take into account feet with boots on. my lk3054 is a very good tractor, but i have to be careful geting in and out of it. tell me soon if the DK is user friendly.

James "woody" Mills

/ stick together #13  
So far (only three hours on the tractor) I'm pleased with the Kioti. It is very user friendly. Lots of room for big feet and boots, easy to get on and off, the steering wheel is adjustable and the seat is comfortable. Controls are also convenient. The dealer delivered it last Friday and spent about an hour with me going over everything. I got it with a loader and a 74" snowblower. I also had them put calcium in the rear tires.

I'll be breaking it in over the next several weeks, so I won't be doing any heavy work with it. I plan to harrow about 20 acres with it next weekend.

/ stick together #14  
Re: stick together & Ash trees

Hello All,

Well when I was tractor hunting I too looked and liked the Kioti's but then decided I wasn't going to buy brand new and couldn't find a good priced Kioti when I was looking so I ended up with the L35 which I haven't a complaint about it though. I am the type that will buy something off the name but still quality products because I feel that the name is what you are really buying but do also understand that the reputations are what sells too. I have bought no name equipment with no problems either though too except maybe buying some parts. I was real close this weekend to buy a Hitachi EX60-URG but ended up buying my brother in laws 2000 F250 super cab diesel instead.

Now the real reason I replied is that I wanted to see what other thought of the ash trees dieing or if they are thriving where you are. I am in WNY and have quite a few small, medium, & large ash that were leaveless this summer and not sure if they will come back next year. Any thougts would be appreciated.

Darin

/ stick together #15  

just to stick with the kioti theme, my 3054 has been nearly flawless, except for the bad seal around the trans fluid sight gage. lots of work getting firewood and picking up limbs and branches, and handling the slabs from my woodmizer. as for the ash trees. i find the same problem, all except the largest are slowly dying. in the woods last weekend i expected to cut only standing dead red oak, but half of the load was ash. they had rotten punky wood running through the trunk in channel like fashion. i have posted the same question on the forestry forum, but dont remember getting a real good answer for why. i can search, or try again. i hope to pull 6 cord of standing dead out this weekend.

James "woody" Mills

/ stick together #16  
I looked at the Kiot a few years ago at a Farm and Forest Expo not far from where you live, Manchester, NH. I was very impressed with the demo tape. Back then there were no dealers closer than a 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive from where I live in the Keene area. Now there is a dealer in this area. The only reason I did not purchase a Kiot 2 1/2 years ago was I heard repair parts were somewhat hard to obtain, and there was no dealer in the area to service it should the tractor need it. I purchased a Kubota L3000 instead.

I have a portable sawmill also, a 23 year old Mobile Dimension Saw that I have owned for almost 20 years. I would love to have a log trailer like you have, I do have a Farmi winch to help retrive logs and fire wood. I live in the southwest corner of New Hampshire. Every once in a while I get over towards your neck of the woods and would be intrested in seeing your operation.

Randy

/ stick together #17  

Your ash trees may be infected with "ash yellows". This anthracnosis (fungus) disease causes the leaves to curl up, turn yellow and fall prematurely. They may also get new sucker growth from the base or from the lower limbs. Non-stressed trees may survive for some time, but it is often fatal.

/ stick together #18  

yes most of the ash here seem fatal

James "woody" Mills

/ stick together #19  
Just a quick update on my new tractor. I now have 7.5 hours on the DK45. I've used it to clean out horse runs, graded my 1/4-mile driveway and harrowed about 10 acres. It handles so much better than my two antique tractors. I have encountered one problem, the trim that holds the bottom of the seat upholstery to the seat frame came loose and will not stay on. I called the dealer and they have ordered a replacement seat for me.

No picture yet, but will post one by next weekend.

/ stick together #20  
Finally got a picture of my DK45, it was still new and clean when this shot was taken.

Attachments

• 42-85288-tractor.gif
    42-85288-tractor.gif
    86.6 KB · Views: 154