Stihl dealer has no saws

/ Stihl dealer has no saws #11  
What would be a good saw to cut down say a 36" tree and smaller?

/ Stihl dealer has no saws #12  
If you are asking about stihl, I would say minimum 362, but better yet a 441 or 460 (or is 461 now?... I can't keep up)

I have a 361 with 25" bar and it would do a 36" tree, but if doing a lot, I would want more saw.

/ Stihl dealer has no saws
Within an hour of me there are AT LEAST a dozon stihl dealers. Not counting Home Depot, I know of 1 Echo dealer (there are probably more though)

They are all pretty well stocked with saws, parts not so much.

Are you sure about Homd Depot? Ours don't carry Stihl nor are they on their website.

/ Stihl dealer has no saws
Thanks. My old eyes saw the period after dealers as a comma.

Thanks MoKelly

/ Stihl dealer has no saws #18  
   / Stihl dealer has no saws #19  
How many cc are these?
Husq- 555, 562xp are 60cc. 365, 372xp are 71cc

Dalmar 7901 is 79cc

Stihl ms 362 is 60cc, 440 is around 70cc.

For 32" wood and down, I'd want two saws, strong 50cc and a strong 70+cc.

I use a hot rod 346xp most of the time. A very strong, fast 50cc. But most of my wood is under 20".

/ Stihl dealer has no saws #20  
36" easy, or 36" creatively? I ask because I had to fell a 40" cypress with only my MS-261 and a 20" bar. Was going to wait and come back with my 461 and 28" bar, but my buddy (former arborist) explained how to make the cut with the smaller saw and we got the tree down just fine. That one was milled for lumber, so we didn't buck it into firewood rounds, which would have been more tedious.

I'd say buy the saw you will use most and the one is best for those jobs, and know that you can expand it to bigger and smaller jobs. Or buy a bunch of saws. I've accumulated a small Echo top handle tree saw (great for use on ladders, for construction, and lots of other things), a 40cc Echo, a 50cc Stihl, and a 77cc Stihl. They all have a sweet spot. If I could only have one saw, it would be the 50cc Stihl (MS-261). Though the 77cc (MS-461) puts the biggest smile on my face.