Stihl dealer has no saws

/ Stihl dealer has no saws #21  
Me personally, Husqvarna, Stihl, Echo, even Dolmar, and Efco. The technical physical quality is so good today across the board, the important difference isn't about the saw's tech diff anymore, it's the soft services- availability, sales, and service. That's what will make/break in the coming years.

/ Stihl dealer has no saws #22  
Me personally, Husqvarna, Stihl, Echo, even Dolmar, and Efco. The technical physical quality is so good today across the board, the important difference isn't about the saw's tech diff anymore, it's the soft services- availability, sales, and service. That's what will make/break in the coming years.

Thanks Much.

/ Stihl dealer has no saws #23  
I think I would be looking for a new dealer if I had Stihl equipment or relied upon them for other major items. Their lack of saws may or my not reflect their true current financial condition

/ Stihl dealer has no saws
I think I would be looking for a new dealer if I had Stihl equipment or relied upon them for other major items. Their lack of saws may or my not reflect their true current financial condition

There is another dealer that I can use. They are a large tractor dealer. I really like this little store but I do think they may not survive. I am a loyal Stihl fan as you can see. I meant no disrespect for Stihl with this thread.

The Black and Decker battery saw is my wifes.:)

Attachments

• df6-065.jpg
    df6-065.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 204
   / Stihl dealer has no saws #25  
Yeah, that's what I thoiught. I even mentioned that to them.

There is a large tractor dealer about 20 miles from here that sells Stihl so I may have to go there eventually. I really like this little guy though. He takes trades too. Gave me 35 bucks for parts for my MS190T when an errant tree fell on it.

I have one for parts also. An errant pickup backed over it 3 weeks after I bought it :(. When I asked for a "bulk discount" when I bought the 2nd one the same week all I got was a chuckle.

My nearest Stihl dealer (JD) is a whopping 1/2 mile down the highway :). Of course I don't do much dealing there. The shop rates are high and the service tech isn't all that good at it.

Harry K

/ Stihl dealer has no saws #26  
What would be a good saw to cut down say a 36" tree and smaller?

For a professional grade Stihl it would be a 361 (if you can find a good one used) or 362. Non professional grade I used to cut softwoods that size and bigger with a MS310/24" bar, now it is my 361 with the 310 religated to limbing and bucking. I've cut Black Locust in that size range with the 361/28" bar. BL comes that big only rarely.

Harry K

Harry K

/ Stihl dealer has no saws #27  
Murph,

Agree with Bluegill2...after 15 years using a Stihl 026 for everything, my arms got tired & I bought two more saws - one bigger, one smaller:

Stihl MS460 for big tree trunks, 18" or longer bar
Stihl 026 (or whatever 50cc model they have now) for medium branches, 16" bar
Stihl 018 for small branches & elevated arm cutting work, 14" bar

Having all 3 sizes, if you can afford it, really saves wear & tear on the arms.

Best of luck.

/ Stihl dealer has no saws #28  
There is another dealer that I can use. They are a large tractor dealer. I really like this little store but I do think they may not survive. I am a loyal Stihl fan as you can see. I meant no disrespect for Stihl with this thread.

I don't think you have enough saws there ;) Seriously, you are way worse than me. I thought having four saws was bad....

/ Stihl dealer has no saws #29  

Those saws should last you a life time. . They look brand new, Hardly ever used

/ Stihl dealer has no saws
Those saws should last you a life time. . They look brand new, Hardly ever used
They do get used a fair bit. I heat with wood and cut all the wood from our property.

The MS250 is retired and I call it my root saw. It gets the ugly duty I wouldn't use the 261 for. The 190T is great for limbing. I like to use the smallest saw I need since it is easier on my old hands.

I saw the 150T and it was so cute I had to buy it. It stays on my quad all the time for whenever some branches falls on my trails. I used to use the battery saw for that. I gave it to my wife. She likes to clear brush in the woods and fence lines. I don't trust her with a gas saw. I'd never forgive myself if she got hurt.

I do clean the saws after each day of cutting. I'm a fanatic about taking care of things.