Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620?

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620? #1  

Bocephous

Gold Member
Tractor
LS 4047H
I've been researching pole saws lately and decided that a multiple attachment tool would be a wiser purchase than a stand alone tool. I would mainly be using it for use with the pole saw attachment, but eventually would also add trimmer and brush cutter attachments. I have one Echo dealer and two Stihl dealers that are local. Anybody have experience with both and can give a breakdown of the pro's and con's of each? Low weight, reliability, and ease of use are my main concerns.

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620? #2  
I once bought a polesaw "kit" from Sams Club. The engine portion of it is now long gone. (it was bought probably 20 years ago) But, the pole saw portion i still use with new power heads and it works great still. I would highly recommend that whatever you buy to make sure it's compatible down the road cause the power head goes out long before the other attachments do.

Steve

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620? #3  
I have yard tools by Stihl and Echo. Both are easy starting and reliable. I have found Echo two cycle oil may be used in a Stihl. The Stihl oil is not recommended for an Echo. They use two different formulations of two stroke oil and the Stihl is more prone to smoke when mixed correctly. Good deals can be had on either - usually in the spring.

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620? #4  
Learned the hard way - unless you are planning using it a lot as a weedeater, I'd go with the KM131 or whatever is the largest unit. It is heavy though. Had a KM90 years ago and it just did not have enough power to run the chainsaw attachment well. I have had the KM130 for at least 5 years now and have been well pleased with it. As for the Echo, I understand they make good equipment also, but I have no experience with them.

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620? #5  
I've had the Stihl KM94R with polesaw and one extension for almost a year now. Works well. It has had more than adequate power for any trimming job we've attempted. I chose the KM94R powerhead because of it's lighter weight. I'm 85 years old and don't have all the arm strength I once did, so the lighter weight was a big factor in my decision. I don't have any experience with the Echo polesaw, but the other Echo equipment I own has been very reliable.

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620?
I've had the Stihl KM94R with polesaw and one extension for almost a year now. Works well. It has had more than adequate power for any trimming job we've attempted. I chose the KM94R powerhead because of it's lighter weight. I'm 85 years old and don't have all the arm strength I once did, so the lighter weight was a big factor in my decision. I don't have any experience with the Echo polesaw, but the other Echo equipment I own has been very reliable.

Light weight, and it being a two stroke are my main considerations; thanks for your insight.

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620?
Learned the hard way - unless you are planning using it a lot as a weedeater, I'd go with the KM131 or whatever is the largest unit. It is heavy though. Had a KM90 years ago and it just did not have enough power to run the chainsaw attachment well. I have had the KM130 for at least 5 years now and have been well pleased with it. As for the Echo, I understand they make good equipment also, but I have no experience with them.

I have a 4 mix Stihl and am not a big fan of that engine type, and I think the weight involved would probably be too much for my compromised shoulders. Thanks for your insight on this, though.

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620? #8  
I've lots of Stihl 2 stroke chainsaws and one Echo chainsaw on a stick (COS), a PPT 280 w/ 4' extension. The PPT 280 will extend to 17+ feet for cutting.
You need to give more facts on what you are cutting and how often.
My "go to" COS is a HF Lynxx which shares batteries with my 14" Lynxx chainsaw does 90% of my COS work. Second is a 16' non-powered pole saw, good for the occasional limb cutting but tiring. And then I bring out the Echo about once or twice a year for those jobs the others can't do.
Note: Echo used to give a 20% off sale 1 day a year.

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620? #9  
I've lots of Stihl 2 stroke chainsaws and one Echo chainsaw on a stick (COS), a PPT 280 w/ 4' extension. The PPT 280 will extend to 17+ feet for cutting.
You need to give more facts on what you are cutting and how often.
My "go to" COS is a HF Lynxx which shares batteries with my 14" Lynxx chainsaw does 90% of my COS work. Second is a 16' non-powered pole saw, good for the occasional limb cutting but tiring. And then I bring out the Echo about once or twice a year for those jobs the others can't do.
Note: Echo used to give a 20% off sale 1 day a year. I've been researching pole saws and deciding between an Echo or Stihl. I use to own an older stihl but sold it many years ago and recently borrowed a friends stihl and both did well. Now if you read on the Stihl website a lot of guys say the new model is breaking alot. I also don't want to buy new and there really isn't anything used for sale since it's such a rare tool for most people. I've come across a used Echo ppt-266 model which seems to have longer reach than the stihl and you can add a 4ft extension on it to get even higher. The only downside I see with the echo is the 25cc engine Echo vs. Stihl Pole Saw. If I went new it would be the same thing but I could get the straight handle integrated into the pole vs the loop handle on the 266. Stihl has the bigger engine units but costs more money, they have the 4 moto engine, gonna have to buy new and seems like they have a gear box breaking problem or something . users?thoughts?
I've been researching pole saws and deciding between an Echo or Stihl. I use to own an older stihl but sold it many years ago and recently borrowed a friends stihl and both did well. Now if you read on the Stihl website a lot of guys say the new model is breaking alot. I also don't want to buy new and there really isn't anything used for sale since it's such a rare tool for most people. I've come across a used Echo ppt-266 model which seems to have longer reach than the stihl and you can add a 4ft extension on it to get even higher. The only downside I see with the echo is the 25cc engine. If I went new it would be the same thing but I could get the straight handle integrated into the pole vs the loop handle on the 266. Stihl has the bigger engine units but costs more money, they have the 4 moto engine, gonna have to buy new and seems like they have a gear box breaking problem or something . users?thoughts?

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620? #10  
I own used both for many years. They are both good machines but I have a slight preference to Stihl's. For operating a saw attachment, CC or HP is secondary but for the larg strings we like to use, HP is king and the stihl has more. There attachment system is aslo far better.. Its the Stihl KM130 Kombi we have and I plan to get another. Here is a pic

Attachments

• 1686918356885.jpeg
    1686918356885.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 56