Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620?

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620? #11  
I'd be cautious about buying too large a pole saw unless you have the upper body strength of Hercules. I briefly owed the larger Echo pole saw and returned it without even running it. Was too much. Got the Echo PPF-225 instead. Cuts very well. Good quality saw. Oils well and stays sharp. Does not use a proprietary chain.

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620? #12  
I thought the OP was only asking about combi type systems?? These are far, far easier to operate than the telescoping types.
polesaw82.jpg

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620? #13  
I like the real 2 strokes myself. Why I went Echo PPT-260 and PAS-280

That 4 mix by stihl has alot of issues that cost big money to fix.

Love the attachments offered for the PAS system too.

PPT before I put together

PAS with the powerbroom on it.

ppt260.jpg
e280s55.jpg

Last edited:
   / Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620? #14  
I thought the OP was only asking about combi type systems?? These are far, far easier to operate than the telescoping types. View attachment 806253
This thread was dead until copytmpmzl asked about buying a used saw which appears to be a telescoping unit and not a combi. The specs of the telescoping unit looked good until I held one in my hand. Too heavy for me.

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620? #15  
We lost a near new echo 260 which was not cost effect to fix. Should we get another? The dealership would not help since it was just out of warranty. Stihl was then pucharsed and been good.

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620? #16  
I have the big Stihl telescoping saw. I forget the model but it was around $550. Cuts like a dream but after 1 tank of gas you need the rest of the day off. I'm going to sell it and get something more manageable.

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620? #17  
I have the big Stihl telescoping saw. I forget the model but it was around $550. Cuts like a dream but after 1 tank of gas you need the rest of the day off. I'm going to sell it and get something more manageable.
Don't feel bad... Seems lots of guys go to the power tool store and look at those telescoping ones and think "I can cut high branches with that model!" than after a few branches, feel differently. I'd suggest selling it and get the other type. I've carried and cut with them all day, and I'm not all the tough. (don't tell anyone!)
polsaw61.jpg

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620? #18  
I have a Stihl HT101. Lots of power and very long but lije Arly said it’s a brute to use very long. If I use a strap over the shoulder to help carry it that helps. Unless you need the long reach and power go light weight.

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620? #19  
I have an Echo PAS-266 pole saw with extension. The engine is 25.4cc and runs the saw fine. It is very reliable and has me thinking the next chainsaw will be an Echo.

I have a few other attachments for it. All work well. The pole saw is sort of a bear to handle with the extension.
Bob

/ Stihl KM94r or Echo PAS-2620? #20  
I have an pole saw with extension. The engine is 25.4cc and runs the saw fine. It is very reliable and has me thinking the next chainsaw will be an Echo.

I have a few other attachments for it. All work well. The pole saw is sort of a bear to handle with the extension.
Bob
We own 2 Echo PAS-266 powerheads as well. (least I believe that's the model) They are up FS if anyone cares.
echosale084.jpg