Security & Theft Stolen Tracto

/ Stolen Tracto #11  
Another Idea, let us here on the forum know where it was stolen from. Maybe there are locals that visit this forum and can keep an eye out. Are there any Identifying marks or signs on the tractor?

David

/ Stolen Tracto #12  
dsgsr said:
Another Idea, let us here on the forum know where it was stolen from. Maybe there are locals that visit this forum and can keep an eye out. Are there any Identifying marks or signs on the tractor?

David

Pretty darn good idea David. Nothing like having "a thousand" eyes out there !! Never know where it could turn up.

/ Stolen Tracto #13  
I have a JD 3320. Any suggestions for a good home-made cutoff switch? One that is easy enough to get to but not so easy to spot by would-be thieves?

Are there any commerial versions?

/ Stolen Tracto #14  
A quick and dirty method is pull the main fuse for the tractor. If they have a key or hotwire it then it won't start with out the fuse. Mentioned in another thread was chaining the steering wheel hard over. They would have to have bolt cutters or sawzall to cut that. Another idea is that most all of these tractors look the same. If you don't mind making it stand out then stencil paint something on the tractor like your Farm name. Or a big ole Smiley face. That would make it harder to pawn off if it doesn't look like 5000 other tractors.:)

/ Stolen Tracto #15  
IF they want it, they will get it, but you have some great ideas on Deterrence.

With classic cars we tend to hide things in them that identify it as ours. As simple as a business card tucked under the dash to elaborate under carpet paint schemes.

If you have the good fortune to find it, this helps when the VINs are changed / removed....

/ Stolen Tracto #16  
Stealing construction equipment is a big deal for thieves around here. We have recovered a lot of equipment and the crazy thing is most of it is stolen out of state. CUTS are taken from job sites and placed in a box truck and off they go. Like stated before, most all construction equipment is keyed alike. Did you make sure the serial # was entered into the police computer system then if it is ever ran it will come back as stolen? If you have serial #'s to all the attachments make sure those are entered also. Pretty common for everything to be pieced out. Sorry for your loss and lets hope the thieves are caught.

/ Stolen Tracto #17  
Since most tractors are keyed alike yours may have just been driven away by someone with a key.
Have the ignition lock rekeyed by a locksmith
Add your own hidden kill switch or two
Removable steering wheel
Remove battery
Install Lo Jack (but hard to hide)
Keep it out of sight

/ Stolen Tracto #18  
DERICK1679 said:
Well, I just bought me a brand new New Holland 2320 45HP with a front end loader, box blade, three rear remotes, and ready to go to work. A week later she is gone. Stolen off my job site. I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas about how to make these things a little harder to drive off with. I have insurance, but this still hits me hard. Any help is appreciated.

Is the model no correct? I couldn't find that model on Google or the NH site. JD has a 2320

/ Stolen Tracto #20  
Not to make light of a serious subject, but sometimes you hope somebody can get your tractor started and you catch them before it's gone but at least it starts without spending $'s or time at a repair place.