Security & Theft Stolen Tracto

/ Stolen Tracto #21  
dgl24087 said:

Thanks. For some reason 'Safari' wasn't showing the the scroll down bar so I couldn't scroll down to the section to where it mentioned the T2320. Changing to 'Firefox' revealed the whole site.

I wanted to see a pic of the tractor and see if the wheel rims had any holes in them. My method for keeping my 4WD safe at the shack was to put a heavy padlocked chain through one front wheel rim then around the leaf spring. The 2320 doesn't have spoked wheels but perhaps a few convenient holes could be drilled. Better than a chain would be a heavy duty pipe that runs through the two back wheel rims. (Pipe is good because it can't be cut with bolt cutters). You can also fabricate a ring for the padlock that makes it very hard to get at with cutters. Good thing about this idea is that it should normally prevent the tractor being moved or being dragged away regardless of if they start it or not. And its a visible deterrent.

Last edited:
   / Stolen Tracto #22  
I didn't read all the replies, but you could always do what my friend did with his Mustang. Park the tractor so it can't be towed, and then hide a switch somewhere on the tractor that will bypass the ignition. If hidden well they would like spending the time to figure it out.

Wedge

/ Stolen Tracto
Thanks guys for all the post. Several good ideas. I think I will try a combination of two or three. My dealer said I can pick up my replacment tractor tomorrow and installed a switch for me to keep it from starting. I will have the new tractor tomorrow, but will get this info out there anyways. Maybe someone will find these loosers.

2008 New Holland T2320 4x4 Serial# Z7Db06363
2008 New Holland 250TL Loader Serial# Y7M022404
2008 Cammond Box Blade Serial # 04067592

No special markings, 15 hours, 3 rear remotes, hydrostat. Still smells like new.

Thanks again for the ideas.

Derick