Stolen tractor Kubota M5140

/ Stolen tractor Kubota M5140 #31  
So you’re plowing with your truck and get it stuck. Then you go back to tractor to pull it out. Man where’d I hide that wheel?

About the same as hiding the spare key and forgetting where you hid it! :D

/ Stolen tractor Kubota M5140 #32  
True, but a missing key does NOT immobilize the tractor - taking that wheel off and hiding it and/or the bolts will keep it from going anywhere easily.

/ Stolen tractor Kubota M5140 #33  
I prefer the idea of vermin eradication.

/ Stolen tractor Kubota M5140 #34  
True, but a missing key does NOT immobilize the tractor - taking that wheel off and hiding it and/or the bolts will keep it from going anywhere easily.

You can hide the bolts, but an enterprising thief, will take some bolts from the other wheel.

/ Stolen tractor Kubota M5140 #35  
You can hide the bolts, but an enterprising thief, will take some bolts from the other wheel.
Truthfully though, if they are going to go to that much trouble they want it pretty badly and are probably going to get it. As I've said before though, the run of the mill thief is lazy, and will go for easier pickings if you make it difficult.

/ Stolen tractor Kubota M5140 #36  
Just need to update. tractor was recovered today, (tues). Thief was caught. It seems it was some dopehead that got tired of walking and wanted a ride home. He took the tractor out today for some more joyriding and it ran out of fuel just a couple miles from State Patrols headquarters. Patrol saw tractor out of fuel in road and captured the rider. Nephew picked up tractor just a few hours ago. I want to thank everyone for their support and for looking out for the stolen tractor. Thank You.

Orrrr, This person with a bipolar affliction and suffers from a drug addiction was found safe. He was so tied of walking because his car ran out of fuel on the way to CVS to get some Narcan for his poor drug addiction. The police found the tractor with the guy who borrowed it, he stated that he was just trying to bring the tractor back undamaged when it run out of fuel.

Now he's getting a lawyer and they are going to sue the tractor owner for not having sufficient fuel in it which almost caused him to have an accident. This ordeal has left him emotionally injured so now he has to see a psychiatrist three times a week so he can recover from this near life threatening trauma.

/ Stolen tractor Kubota M5140 #37  
That is a shame, if you ever get lucky enough to find out who did it, it'd be time to shoot, shovel and shut up.
Lousy lazy thieving scum bag trash need to be eradicated.
I like the way you think, could not have worded any better. If it were me i would try to "flood" all the outlets i could with the serial number. I mean dealers, auction companies, ag lenders etc. It may take a couple years for it to show up. By that time the tractor may have changed hands a couple times. You'll be in a situation where the guy in possession of the tractor is not the guy who stole the tractor. We had a case like that and there was a bitter court battle. The guy in possession of the tractor had to surrender the tractor to its origional owner. The he had to find thr guy who stole the tractor in the first place to try and recoup his money. Things can get pretty messy pretty quick sometimes in life.

/ Stolen tractor Kubota M5140 #38  
I like the way you think, could not have worded any better. If it were me i would try to "flood" all the outlets i could with the serial number. I mean dealers, auction companies, ag lenders etc. It may take a couple years for it to show up. By that time the tractor may have changed hands a couple times. You'll be in a situation where the guy in possession of the tractor is not the guy who stole the tractor. We had a case like that and there was a bitter court battle. The guy in possession of the tractor had to surrender the tractor to its origional owner. The he had to find thr guy who stole the tractor in the first place to try and recoup his money. Things can get pretty messy pretty quick sometimes in life.
The OP said that they got the tractor back.

/ Stolen tractor Kubota M5140 #39  
Glad you got it back. I keep telling my dad he needs to tarp is Kubota. He has it sitting where people can see it just in a barn door wide open.

/ Stolen tractor Kubota M5140
I got the whole story on the thief. My nephew had a hide a key in the tool box. Thief was taking the tools out of tool box and found the key. Decided to steal tractor to get home. Its about a hr ride on a tractor to the boys home. He parked the tractor inside a barn. Later, he decided to take the tractor for a joy ride. He put about 5 hrs total on tractor. Since the tractor was posted on face book, people saw him riding around and called it in.