storing bucket

/ storing bucket #1  

garry1p

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT240
I store my bucket on this stand for easy access should I need to service the engine or battery.

Question, is there a correct way to store (park) your bucket?

Attachments

• 20231213_113737.jpg
    20231213_113737.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 157
   / storing bucket #3  
I'm not sure there is a "correct" way to store a bucket. I usually leave mine resting on a dolly with the FEL joystick in the float position to relieve hydraulic pressure. It's an SSQA bucket so it's easily removed and rolled out of the way to work on the tractor.

/ storing bucket #5  
Do not over complicate things. Keep it on the ground for safety reasons. I typically dump mine out and set on the ground (usually in float) so water does not accumulate if parked outside. No one needs a rusty bucket. Inside, keep the cutting edge flat on the ground. What's more likely to happen, you needing easy access to the front of the tractor, or hitting your head on the cutting edge?

/ storing bucket #6  
My set on piece plank slightly tilted not to hold water.

/ storing bucket #8  
There are several reasons to have the bucket flat on the ground including acting as an emergency brake, and less of a hazard. I can usually get to the engine or battery around the bucket if needed.

There might be an argument to keep the hydraulic cylinders as far closed as possible. Is that with the bucket curled up?

/ storing bucket #9  
I store my bucket on this stand for easy access should I need to service the engine or battery.

Question, is there a correct way to store (park) your bucket?
What kind of contraption is that? o_O Store it on the ground, flat if inside, opened up a bit if outside and water collection is a concern. Welcome, btw...

/ storing bucket #10  
Store it on the ground. Btw, I like what you did for a grill guard.