storing bucket

/ storing bucket
The contraption the bucket sits on is an architect table/stand.

I like bucket where it is however, I was told the hydraulic cylinders should always be stored closed to protect the stainless steel, that would leave my bucket straight up and full of water every time it rains.

The tractor is stored almost fully under cover but not enclosed.

So I was wondering if there is some manufactures guideline on storing the bucket.

/ storing bucket #12  
Virtually all manufacturers will say to put the bucket flat on the ground simply from a liability prospective. That’s what I’ve always done with mine unless sometimes it’s resting on top of a different implement because space is tight. You can access the battery to jump it off with the loader flat on the ground so I really don’t see a need for the stand.

/ storing bucket #13  
I store my bucket on this stand for easy access should I need to service the engine or battery.

Question, is there a correct way to store (park) your bucket?
Your stand looks unsafe, please stop using it

/ storing bucket #14  
My bucket stays on my FEL which stays off the tractor and under my equipment shed when I'm not using it. I hate a FEL on a tractor if it's not being used. Those stainless steel cylinder rods you refer to are not SS, they are likely chrome plated hard steel. Weather doesn't hurt them if they get used periodically. You need to haul that stand you have to the scrap pile.

/ storing bucket #15  
I like bucket where it is however, I was told the hydraulic cylinders should always be stored closed to protect the stainless steel, that would leave my bucket straight up and full of water every time it rains.
I would be very surprised if the cylinder rods were stainless steel. They are normally chrome plated just like the car bumpers from many years ago. If I'm not going to be using the equipment for awhile, I'll put a coat of grease on the rods to help protect them from the weather and dust/dirt, etc.

/ storing bucket #16  
I've always stored buckets on the ground but I've seen some rust forming on the bottom of one infrequently used bucket. So I think I should start putting something under them to keep up off the ground. Maybe just put some 3/4 crushed rock down where they set or use cement blocks
I have 3 buckets for 2 machines

/ storing bucket #18  
if you need to work under the loader or have it in the air for extended periods get something like these

Construction equipment comes with built in ones. Unfortunately manufacturers don't put them on smaller ag and homeowner equipment. Personally I think they should be a legislated requirement.