Storm Watch 2012!

/ Storm Watch 2012! #11  
No anemometer here only what the media is saying. And I don't doubt them all things considered. A coworker near the coastline said 85mph was recorded at the local airport. I'm about 20 miles inland up on a hill.

But whatever the actual speed is...its brutal!!! A gust just about blew me off the porch!

/ Storm Watch 2012! #12  
No anemometer here only what the media is saying. And I don't doubt them all things considered. A coworker near the coastline said 85mph was recorded at the local airport. I'm about 20 miles inland up on a hill.

But whatever the actual speed is...its brutal!!! A gust just about blew me off the porch!

A 50 mph wind is brutal if you have ever tried to stand into it. At 90 mph things get dangerous, I'd say your on the verge of that if they're recording 85 on the coast.

/ Storm Watch 2012! #13  
Reporting in from just North of Winchester VA. Winds between 45 and 50 mph and steady, gust are worse. Depending on which weather report you look at, we have gotten 3-4 inches of rain since noon today. Power has flickered but we are still up. Everyone be safe.

/ Storm Watch 2012! #14  
A 50 mph wind is brutal if you have ever tried to stand into it. At 90 mph things get dangerous, I'd say your on the verge of that if they're recording 85 on the coast.

Believe me I know what 50 is and I dont get excited about it anymore. Not bragging either!! Been through 80+mph here during one of those freak storms yrs ago and it was destructive. One storm tore the shingles off the front of my house and another trashed the pool fence and tore siding off the house. Everything here is either screwed(house siding) or bolted in place now...

/ Storm Watch 2012! #15  
Wind gust of about 42 here, 5 inches of snow...........pretty much blizzard conditions.

Be careful everyone.

Last edited:
   / Storm Watch 2012! #16  
Not sure what the max gusts are here in central MA but nothing crazy. Still without power and expect it back within 24 hrs. No big deal when it's not freezing cold out!

It's funny though, my wife and I and our newborn just got home from my parents up the street from dinner. My dad was complaining that he had to go out in the rain to fill the generator do he could watch Monday night football on direct tv! My wife and I are cozy in our dark home with candlelight, no need for a generator. I don't mind heating the baby formula with my camp stove tonight!

Good night everyone. Hope all of you in the worse part of the storm are doing well! Stay safe.

/ Storm Watch 2012! #17  
Snow is over 7 inches here now. Wife got the Chevy Sonic stuck. I can't get it up the hill either.

State has not plowed US route 40, Township has not plowed our road.

I's parked in the driveway of an empty house a half mile from mine

True blizzard conditions here now. I have electric for now, but the sky was lighting up to my east from power lines coming down.

/ Storm Watch 2012!
Now that it's over, I'm feeling real lucky. The flooding and damage caused by this storm has effected vast communities. Houses and property lost to flooding, power outages, wind damage , people lives lost. We rode it out, and managed to keep power the whole time. Maybe a slight inconvenience by loosing tv and Internet. Again we were real lucky. My Prayers to the less fortunate.