Storm Watch 2012!

/ Storm Watch 2012! #21  
NICE! Just got power back! Just as I was taking a bath in the tub with the water we filled it up with before losing power, I saw the lights come on. It was a nice surprise since I was just about to pour cold ware over my head to wash my hair.
I figured I'd give it an hour or two and take a nice hot shower.
Hope everyone else is doing well !

/ Storm Watch 2012! #22  
We were very lucky/blessed in our part of Connecticut. The town of Farmington only had around 2500 people without power out of 12,000 and we only lost power for about 1 hour around 1 AM this morning. I am guessing the local electric utility CL&P killed the power to fix other lines as the outage dropped from 2500 to around 1200 which is what it is at right now. The state of Connecticut as a whole had over 600,000 without power and is down to around 500,000 as I type this tonight.

The wind gusts in the Hartford area were close to 50 MPH and they clocked 85 mph at the Connecticut shoreline. Most of the worst damage in Connecticut is due to storm surge on the shoreline. People inland like myself mostly made out ok. I have lots of limbs and other debris along with one rotten tree that broke off in the rear of my yard.

One blessing from the two storms last year August and October 2011 were they eliminated lots of marginal trees. The state and electric utilities also did lots of tree cutting/trimming since last year's storms.

I lost power for 7 days in the August storm last year and 11 days in the October one. Sandy hit on the one year anniversary 10/29 of the October 2011 storm :mad:

/ Storm Watch 2012! #23  
Thankful our electric was only 13-14 hrs. Others here in Preston may not get electric till the end of next week. Some of those are less than a 1/2 mile from us. Only ended up with 5-6 inches on the road because of warmer conditions here in the valley. The ridges just above us had 10-14 in. Other parts of Preston County over 2 ft.
Everyone be careful cutting up fallen trees ,never know when a electric strand wire lying under the tree you're cutting up. Please leave the men with the proper equiptment and know how to take a tree off a phone or cable tv cable midspan between two poles.