Straightening The SSQA?

/ Straightening The SSQA? #11  
True that. It just looks like the 2x6 could cause a problem if it got caught under the end of the cylinder barrel
IT WAS caught under the cylinder barrel. Thats what prevented that side from retracting and forcing the other side to

/ Straightening The SSQA? #12  
It was a quick and easy way to untwist the wimpy torque tube that connects both sides...good job! (y)

/ Straightening The SSQA? #13  
I'd watch the video but I don't have the patience to sit through 10 minutes of blathering by a guy who likes to hear himself talk about a subject he's clueless about for a 1 second clip that could have been a photo.
While I agree with the sentiment, the video was only 15 sec long and showed exactly what was needed to do this and nothing else. You can always click on it and see if it is useful or not in about 3 seconds. If it was a 20 min video, I would have just stopped it and moved along...

/ Straightening The SSQA? #14  
While I agree with the sentiment, the video was only 15 sec long and showed exactly what was needed to do this and nothing else. You can always click on it and see if it is useful or not in about 3 seconds. If it was a 20 min video, I would have just stopped it and moved along...
I think mikester clicked on the wrong video.

/ Straightening The SSQA?
IT WAS caught under the cylinder barrel. Thats what prevented that side from retracting and forcing the other side to
LOL! I was talking about under the barrel OD and I think you're talking about the end of the barrel but, yes, he has the 2x captured where it won't bend the rod.
My reference to "good way to bend a rod" is if a person didn't know what he or she was doing.

/ Straightening The SSQA? #16  
That worked well, his spotter knew what he was doing. I can't remember if I chained mine to a tree, or put one side against the tree and pushed.

Makes a guy wonder if they design the loaders with the flimsy cross bar to function as a "fuse" to prevent damage in case one end of the bucket or grapple is overloaded? An example would be trying to pull a large post with a chain at one end of the bucket. I'm sure it happens.

Makes a guy wonder if they design the loaders with the flimsy cross bar to function as a "fuse" to prevent damage in case one end of the bucket or grapple is overloaded? An example would be trying to pull a large post with a chain at one end of the bucket. I'm sure it happens.
Seems like a simple radial shear pin/bolt arrangement would accomplish the same thing and be easier to fix by replacing.

/ Straightening The SSQA? #19  
Seems like a simple radial shear pin/bolt arrangement would accomplish the same thing and be easier to fix by replacing.
Pretty sure some JD models had that?

/ Straightening The SSQA? #20  
The cross bar is flimsy because all it needs to do is keep the latches "timed" with one another when there is nothing attached. So you can hook up implements.

If the two sides were NOT connected....due to internal drag on the cylinders never being perfectly matched, they would NEVER line up. One will always move faster/slower than the other.

Once the bucket or grapple or whatever is on, that crossbar becomes irrelevant. The attachment itself is what provides the support. And even chaining on the EDGE of an attachment....that crossbar is doing little, cause the bucket or grapple itself would need tweaked and twisted before that crossbar would move.

The only time these bend or get out of time is if one of them comes detached from the front attachment....or someone is stupid and tries to use the SSQA with nothing attached to it.