Strange loader problem

/ Strange loader problem #11  
Ben755
First silly question, I presume the FEL operated correctly at some point? Is this correct?

Do you have the "float" option on your loader? If yes does this work?

Does the loader raise at the same speed when moving the joystick to raise or lower?

one possibility comes to mind that could cause this type of failure? You have a regernerative spool in the lift lower function of your FEL. If this true The FEL should raise faster while either trying to raise or lower. Also you should not have the float function since most directional valves have a maximum or four positions.

/ Strange loader problem
I routed the FEL return line into the sump fill opening and the all FEL functions worked fine including raising the bucket. Apparently, the return fluid is being restricted somewhere in the system causing some back pressure in the return port of the FEL controller. I pulled all the lines and couplings in the return and check for blockage. The return line goes through an adjustable control valve that I blew out with compressed air. The FEL is now lowering, but it raises somewhat slower. I can live with it though. Thank all for their input and help.

/ Strange loader problem #13  
Is the flow control in hose between the loader cylinders and the directional valve? If I would have no clue as to why that would be in there except to control the lowering speed. Look closely at this valve it may have a hydraulic schematic engraved in the side and it is possible this has a free flow function in one direction. If I would think you would only want the restriction during lowering.

glad you found the problem.

/ Strange loader problem #14  
Try switching the up/down hydraulic lines to see what happens. Also take a look at the joystick k linkages and verify correct hose placement.

/ Strange loader problem #15  
The return line goes through an adjustable control valve that I blew out with compressed air.
Could this be the pressure relief valve? The return would come off of it.

The return line normally goes directly to the reservoir.

Need pictures.

/ Strange loader problem
The link below is to a post on the forum by someone with the same tractor and loader that I have and shows pics of the hydraulic connections to/from the 3-pt cylinder housing. I took the liberty of taking a snippet capture of on pic showing these connections. I also added labels to the connections :

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/326155-adding-top-tilt.html

hyd_def.jpg