Comparison Struggling between M7060 and M4(D)

/ Struggling between M7060 and M4(D) #11  
I am waiting on final offers on 4 model spec'd out exactly how I would want them. Dealer has been closed for the last 4 says for Thanksgiving so just have to wait. One of them I am having quoted is a ROPS version simply because if I can't get almost everything I would want in a cab for a price I am willing to pay, I will just drop the cab idea. It's really not an issue for me, just a nice to have. Only problem is you can't get an air ride seat on a ROPS version.

12 speed is a must simply to get the extra hydraulic flow and I will get a creeper on whatever I get so it will be 18.
12 has a bunch more features you might or might not want.

1. Electric 4WD engagement
2. ePTO standard (option on 8/8)
3. Hydraulic disc brakes (these are nice).
4. 6 mph higher top speed..it really moves. In H4 you can spin the rears…dont ask me how I know.
5. Overdrive in H6 to save on fuel if you are traveling on road
6. Transmission parking lock (I actually like this…really easy to just put it in park and not need to worry about the break and a lever to engage it).

/ Struggling between M7060 and M4(D) #12  
Good luck with your choice and enjoy whatever you decide.

/ Struggling between M7060 and M4(D)
I received all 4 quotes today. Now just to decide what I want to do. They ended up about where I expected. Now time to just really consider what is nice to have vs must have and put down a deposit.

/ Struggling between M7060 and M4(D) #14  
One step closer to putting in some seat time. Good luck with your decision.

/ Struggling between M7060 and M4(D) #15  
I'm a little late to this thread, but kind of went through the same process when looking at Kubota. In my opinion, they are the standard that everyone else compares to. They also charge more for their name.

I looked at other brands in the 70 or so HP range and I'm now leaning towards the Massey Ferguson 4707. I talked to the dealer and his cash price is $51,500 for a really nice tractor with a lot more features then the Kubota, or anything else that I've seen. Financed price through Massey adds $4,000 to that price for their zero percent interest.

I am pretty well set on getting the M7060 Cab. My quote was $54,600 (for 0%), but that includes R14 tires, loader/bucket, rear wiper, creeper kit, Third function, 2nd rear remote, Air Seat, and the 100 Amp Alternator. The ROPS version was $47k, but you can't get an air seat which I really want. I realize I could add an aftermarket, but that just makes it even closer in price.

The M4 and M4D were basically $4000 and $5000 more. Just not enough extras for me for that to make sense.

I talked to my local MF dealer and he quoted me $58k for a 4707. He didn't really seem to be interested in dealing with me because I didn't just want a run of the mill configuration. When I asked about R4's he said they don't offer them. I had to clarify with him if Massey didn't or he didn't. He said he doesn't order them that way. It was clear he had no interest in selling me a tractor. That was ok because it is a really small dealer who I am not convinced will be there in 5 years.

My buddy and I were also discussing if getting a cheaper (15-20k), older two wheel drive to do my bush hogging made sense and then use the difference 30-35k on a nice skid steer. I gave it some real consideration, but I still think for what I do a better tractor is my best choice and I can rent a skid steer when needed.

Now it is just to see how long they think it will take to get it. I know they have some on order and he thought they may be able to change one to my config, but we'll see.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Last edited:
   / Struggling between M7060 and M4(D) #17  
That's a really good price. My Kubota dealer wasn't even close to that.

/ Struggling between M7060 and M4(D) #18  
M7060 should work fine for what you want. Good luck with the purchase.

/ Struggling between M7060 and M4(D) #19  
Yeah! ! ! That’s a Great price. You’re gonna enjoy that!

Well, it took 4 months, 3 weeks for my tractor to make it to the dealer. It was just unloaded and is now in the process of getting all of the extra's that the dealer has to install on. Should have it to me next week.

A little longer than I was hoping, but not as bad as it could have been.