Stuck cuppler on my PTO

/ Stuck cuppler on my PTO #1  

chucko

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx1800
got done spraying last night and went to unhook the pto pump and the little ball fell out of the cuppler. I is stuck on now. I got so mad that I put the whole thing back in the shop before I broke something. This this is new and still has the tractor supply sticker on it and now it is stuck on my tractor..

it is like this one...
2112023-38826.jpg

any ideas or suggestions?

/ Stuck cuppler on my PTO #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( got done spraying last night and went to unhook the pto pump and the little ball fell out of the cuppler. I is stuck on now. I got so mad that I put the whole thing back in the shop before I broke something. This this is new and still has the tractor supply sticker on it and now it is stuck on my tractor..

it is like this one...
2112023-38826.jpg

any ideas or suggestions?

)</font>

I have one, but the folks at TSC won't like it much.....
/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Stuck cuppler on my PTO
Oh I have a feeling that are not going to "like it much" when I get done "talking" to them about it

/ Stuck cuppler on my PTO #5  
<font color="blue"> Why, did they manufacture it?
</font>

Jerry has a real good point. It's not TSC that you should be upset with. I'm sure they will honor the guarantee, but I might be inclined to call the manufacturer of the pump if it was supplied with the coupling that is giving you the fits. Let them know what happened and see if they have a solution to your problem.

TSC can't be personally responsible for the durability of every product that they sell.........

When something is wrong with my Ford I talk to where I got it. They in turn to to who they got it from. All I expect for TSC is a replacement or a refund.

anyhow.....got any ideas about getting it unstuck? I assume I will have to break or cut the orange pull back and take stuff apart

/ Stuck cuppler on my PTO #7  
Best contact TSC and ask them how you should get it off, so they know ahead of time what it will be like when they receive it. At least I would before destroying it, which is likely what you will have to do to remove it.

/ Stuck cuppler on my PTO #8  
I agree.. let them know that it will most likely be destroyed completely taking it off.

I'v had to hacksaw or die grind bad couplings off. Once it gets colse to 'tractor metal.. go slow, and then try to use a chissle or screw driver to help pry apart.

Soundguy

"Best contact TSC and ask them how you should get it off"
Your right and I did call and talk to the manager. He said to do what I had to do to get it off and they would replace it no martter what the final shape it was in. I guess I can't ask for much more than that.
I am hoping that I can bust the plastic ring and then get it apart and off

/ Stuck cuppler on my PTO #10  
I would of course have to see it to make a final determination but sometimes an air chisel can work wonders getting things apart quickly. I have even found that the vibrations from the tool sometimes get the part lose even before the chisel cuts any metal.