Stuck cuppler on my PTO

/ Stuck cuppler on my PTO #21  
This is a picture of the yoke itself and shows what I think is the culprit – the electrostatic paint! Most of it has come off already but the holes for the detent balls have paint in them and I think it’s that paint that prevents them from moving out smoothly.

cvt

Attachments

• 662766-painted-yokew.jpg
    662766-painted-yokew.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 117
   / Stuck cuppler on my PTO #22  
Finally -

While I had hoped to remove the entire yoke I couldn’t get a grip on the snap-ring, remove it, and press out the cups.

This is a picture of the other yoke and quick release on the deck gear box end of the PTO shaft I couldn’t budge it at all. While the cup will rotate it will only do so with a significant amount of effort, nor will it slide fro and aft as it should.

I could get the retaining ring and the front ring off but still cannot budge the cup nor get the mechanism to release – I’m concluding that the detent balls are jammed in place and will not budge.

Unless there’s a better solution will I have to live with it jammed or get another cup and cut this one off with a Dremel grinder. I used the finishing deck to mow for about an hour afterward and didn’t have any real trouble, but leaving a job half done does bothers me.
/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Attachments

• 662768-rear-QRw.jpg
    662768-rear-QRw.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 117
   / Stuck cuppler on my PTO #23  
I found this on a Web site:

"A potential drawback to electrostatic finishing, particularly for coating complicated surfaces, is the Faraday cage effect: a tendency for charged coating particles to deposit around entrances of cavities. The Faraday cage effect allows electric charges on a conductor to reside on the outer surface of the conductor. In the case of coating complicated surfaces, the electric charge resides on the entrances of cavities. High particle momentum can help overcome Faraday cage effects, since particles with greater momentum (larger particles or particles traveling at higher speeds) are influenced less by the electrostatic forces. However, high particle momentum also lowers efficiency."

" ... charged coating particles to deposit around entrances of cavities."

I think I've got evidence of that!

cvt
/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif