Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this

/ Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this #21  
I'm surprized that you didn't drop the box blade off, put the propeller on the PTO shaft and just drive it out of the pond :D

All kidding aside, the very first thing I would have done is unhitch the boxblade. Get the tractor out and then put a chain on the boxblade and pull it out. A blade or other implement on the 3PH is an anchor in these situations. I've unhitched the 3PH many times to get the tractor out.:thumbsup:

/ Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this #22  
I dont even have ROPS on my tractor, but since you do, wouldn't it have been safer to have them locked?
If that would have happened to me, I would need clean pants, underwear and a new seat. :D
I do admire someone who isn't afraid to get his tractor dirty.

Wedge

/ Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this #23  
Wow. You certainly don't mess around do you?

/ Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this
ha ha ha ha. Great comments all. I was about to get the fish finder out! :D

It really was not scary, I've been way worse in terms of angle and such. Regarding the ROPS, I realized after that it was not up, that was dumb and the call out on that was spot on.

Jim, I did have to unhook the BB and pull it out after. The funny thing is I was standing on it while I unhooked it. My buddy was watching as I pulled the top link and pins out just waiting for me to go axx over teakettle into the pond.

Love a good romp in the mud now and again eh! :thumbsup:

/ Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this #25  
All I can say is if at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Looks like you were successful the 2nd time. But on the bright side, you have a nice orange dock to cast from now.:laughing:

/ Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this #26  
I think Ags would have prevented this.:D

If not, buy Green next time and stay dry.:thumbsup:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this #27  
Thanks. Yes my good man, a day stuck on the tractor is better than a day at the office in my book!

Here are some other stuck pics from earlier this year just to add some variety. I'm the guy on the tractor with the muddy hands!

You're too funny! Do you look for mud holes to get your machine stuck in? One day one of them is going to swallow you and the tractor up!

Memo to Jimmy: Stay off Wayne's tractor and keep away from slippery slopes and soft ground!

Wayne

/ Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this #28  
Thanks. Yes my good man, a day stuck on the tractor is better than a day at the office in my book!

Here are some other stuck pics from earlier this year just to add some variety. I'm the guy on the tractor with the muddy hands!

I just can't get my eyes off that nice soil you gut stuck in in the second set of pictures. That stuff looks pretty rich in the pictures.
Great story / pictures and even better attitude. Thanks :thumbsup:

/ Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this #29  
I hate to admit it but I can relate. I have yet to put the tractor in the pond but both my neighbor and I have but lawnmowers in the pond. R4s and mud just don't mix well. My next tractor will have Ags.

/ Stuck partly in pond. 2nd time I've done this #30  
Jimmyj

Which picture are you going to use for your Avitar now? Jinman has a great picture of his Blue tractor in a challenging position.

Thanks for posting so the rest of us will not be surprised when it happens. I have had to unstick my lawn mower from the waters edge when the lake level drops and I try to mow further down. The lawn mower is only 600 lbs so 2X4s used as a lever arm under the rear axle allow me to slide it sideways to solid ground. (I try to make sure no one is looking)

One serious question we should think about when working near water - is it best not to wear the tractor seatbelt should the tractor tip into water? What about ROP up or down position? Hopefully the safety experts can help here. I know when launching a boat with the truck it is all windows open, doors unlocked, and seatbelt not attached.

Thanks for sharing.

Wayne