Stump Bucket?

/ Stump Bucket? #22  
Here's mine. Works great. :thumbsup:

IMG_8686.JPG

/ Stump Bucket? #23  
I've been lurking around the Stump bucket threads for a while. I was not sure if they would work for my application. Well, I final bit the bullet and bought one.

I've got about 7 acres of pasture to clear. It had not been maintained for about 30 years. SO you can imagine the growth. The small growth is not a concern. I just hit them with a chain saw and let them drop. I'll pic them up later. The larger tree, which there is not that many that I want to remove, are cut with the chainsaw and then I use my backhoe to remove the stump. The problem has been witht he 2 - 5" Sweet-gum trees. I have thousands of them. There is way to many to use the BH. It would take to long. I could cut them with the saw but I don't want to leave the stump in the ground because i'll be tilling to prepare the pasture. When I try to push these over they just bent. So, I hoped that the stump bucket would be the answer.

I tried it out today. I must say that it works better than I expected. I just drop the teeth in the ground about a foot from the tree and then push until it stops then curl up with the loader. They usually pop out on the first time. The bigger ones may take a couple of tries. It seems to give me a quick way to get the roots and all.

The pitures show the bucket before I used it, the second photo is a tree I took out by first pushing it over then digging at the roots. It only took a few min. The last piture is of the size of trees that I had problems with previously. With this bucket I just lower the front edge and drive into them and start to curl when I hit the tap root. It takes all of about 10 secs.:thumbsup:

......still I have to take out thousands of these suckers:eek:

IMG_0995.jpgIMG_0997.jpgIMG_0998.jpg

/ Stump Bucket? #24  
Looks like it does a great job. Do you mind me asking where and how much this cost.

/ Stump Bucket? #25  
I bought it from Ward Equipment. They also have a trade name of "Prowler Equipment" They sell on ebay a lot. They are 1/2 an hour from where I live. The bucket was $600.

/ Stump Bucket? #26  
Looks like it does a great job. Do you mind me asking where and how much this cost.

It does work well. I think the trick is to get the angle of attack right. To shallow and you won't be deep enough. to steep and you will take to much dirt and stop short. It take a little to get use to it because you cant see the teeth but you can learn the angle of attack from the top of the QA point.

/ Stump Bucket? #27  
I got to check that thing out have tons of small stuff it should work great on. Think the teeth will do great in my rocky ground. This site is a gold mine. So much that is not local. Thanks