Stupid is what Stupid does ...

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #21  
The old saying - There's no bad weather, just bad clothes.

On the other hand, one of my cousins married a Texan from Austin region. He only lasted 3 yrs. in northwest Ohio. Said he just wanted to go home, couldn't stand the cold, sloppy winters anymore. They are still happily married living in Goldthwaite, TX the last 30 some years.

Dave.

You forgot to add that when it gets cold, we just set the walls on fire!
No smokin' in da camp!

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #22  
You forgot to add that when it gets cold, we just set the walls on fire!
No smokin' in da camp!

Yikes, I must have been sleeping on my good ear - the fire house is only about 3/4 mile away. I usually hear the sirens. At least they had all the water they needed for a change. Too bad about the camp.

Dave.

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #24  
They say you folks just become adjusted to the cold ... how ya do that? I hate being cold. We do on ocassion get a shot of snow and last year recorded a 9 degree day with North wind ... I never left the house!!!

I guess it's the same way you get used to the heat. (If it's over 60 outside, it's too hot.)
Only difference is that we can throw another log on the fire, and put on another layer before going out.

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ...
$303.00 plus shipping for the rear window. Should be here this week ... with a $250 deduct, I guess I'll just pay for it.

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #26  
$303.00 plus shipping for the rear window. Should be here this week ... with a $250 deduct, I guess I'll just pay for it.

Hope it's safety glass. There are reasons for not using Lexan or Plexiglass in a tractor window as someone suggested. When safety glass breaks, it goes into either small pieces if tempered, or retained by the plastic layer if AS1 or AS2. Plastic when it breaks turns to shards that are wedge shaped and dangerous.

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ...
Hope it's safety glass. There are reasons for not using Lexan or Plexiglass in a tractor window as someone suggested. When safety glass breaks, it goes into either small pieces if tempered, or retained by the plastic layer if AS1 or AS2. Plastic when it breaks turns to shards that are wedge shaped and dangerous.

Tempered Safety glass ... its being shipped directly from Montana to me.

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #28  
blueriver - sorry about the accident. I can relate to the "shotgun blast" effect. When I was 18/19, my first year of college I found a 68 Mustang convertable for sale in town. I had no real intentions of buying it but the owner let me and a buddy test drive it. We got out of town and decided to put the top down. By the way, it was early spring so it was too cold to drive topless. I hit the switch to retract the top and all of a sudden "POW" and then glass was everywhere. The rear window exploded. We freaked out and didn't know what had happened or how much trouble we were in. Finally got our nerve up and went back to the owner and told him what happened. He said he knew the window was loose and it must have gotten jammed as the top retracted. With the weather he didn't expect us to open the top. I gave him my name and number so he could give me the bill but he said he would turn it in on his insurance as vandalism. I never heard from him.

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #29  
Not to hijack this into a tempered-glass thread, but my experience was with a glass-top patio table. We had an umbrella thru the hole but not open. Gust of wind came while I happened to be looking. It hit the umbrella just the right way and it looked like a fog 'puffing up' and then raining down onto the deck. tiny little 1/4" squares of glass everywhere - jammed between the deck boards, all over the ground under the deck where the space was wider. What a mess!

/ Stupid is what Stupid does ... #30  
They say you folks just become adjusted to the cold ... how ya do that? I hate being cold. We do on ocassion get a shot of snow and last year recorded a 9 degree day with North wind ... I never left the house!!!
9 degrees! Its spring time in Minnesota!!!