Stupid, Stupid, Stupid Battery Troubles

/ Stupid, Stupid, Stupid Battery Troubles #41  
   / Stupid, Stupid, Stupid Battery Troubles #43  
Most construction equipment have these Master switches that you turn off every night. that saves from arcing at night if the cables short. And help when you work on one some one doesnt hop on and take off. They also save on battery drain. They usually go on the hot cable. On one without a key just a handle you unscrew the keep screw and drill a hole in a bracket insert and put on the retaining ring and the switch with the retaining screw and attach you cables When katrina hit there was a bulletin issued that we might want to disable out spare rolloff trucks to stop theft every night Id go around and switch them off for safe keeping.

The switch should go in the GROUND cable. Not the HOT. The reason is that a short to ground before the switch is harmless this way, not so if the switch is in the HOT cable.

/ Stupid, Stupid, Stupid Battery Troubles #44  
Old post but NEW problem to a person with the same issues. Do battery issues ever go out of date?

Now if he was posting about a broken buggy whip then no help would be needed.

Well, just in case it is needed, here is how to do it.

Buggy Whip Repair

/ Stupid, Stupid, Stupid Battery Troubles #45  
I had an almost same problem on my car i changed the battery out and few weeks later it started dragging so i took it to the auto parts store and goofey told me my voltage regulator was not charging so $174 they wanted for another alternator .I took it to an Auto zone and they told me the same story This is a Toyota not a ford so i could not believe it after alot of recharging my battery i discovered that when i changed out the battery the ground cable was grounded enough to start the car but not to charge it so i retightened and cleaned everything and that fixed my problem so many times the ground cable can cause unforseen issues not clear to the naked eye!! True story!!