Buying Advice Sub-compact or Garden Tractor Orange or Green

/ Sub-compact or Garden Tractor Orange or Green
Tenn, that is the next step I guess, going and sitting on the various units. Hoping to get a day on Friday to do just that.

/ Sub-compact or Garden Tractor Orange or Green #22  
As for TYM, I first heard of them yesterday, I dont know much about the others either. What, if anything is lost, with the reduced cost?

TYM and LS are the two biggest brands no one has ever heard of, even if they already own one. Both have been around for a very long time and make some models for other better known brands. LS makes some of the New Holland models for example. Those of us that have either of those brands don't feel like we gave up much if anything.

There is far less dealer presence however which can mean issues if you have needs for warranty service.

/ Sub-compact or Garden Tractor Orange or Green #24  
Chim, the 3 step rule is something my Uncle would say to me for sure. Quick question, again showing my ignorance, when you state a rear finish mower (RFM) is that a different implement, than a traditional brush cutter (bush hog where i come from originally)?

When most of us say "rear finish mower" we are talking about a deck that attaches to the rear (2-point hitch) and is powered with the PTO. That is what it does have in common with a bush hog.

With the RFM, there are generally between 3 and 5 individual rigid blades on separate spindles and the spindles are offset so the paths the blades cut have overlap. On a BH, there are normally two blades attached to one spindle and they can swing when they whack that stump you didn't notice:(

If you google "rear finish mower" you'll see the difference.

/ Sub-compact or Garden Tractor Orange or Green #25  
Do you have a Branson dealer nearby?

A very good quality, high value tractor line.

In my opinion, nothing is lost with the reduced cost. In fact you may find more features are gained.

/ Sub-compact or Garden Tractor Orange or Green #26  
If you want to see a TYM, hop on over to the RK Tractors store in Front Royal and kick the tires.

Contact Us | RK Tractors

RK is certainly an option. They sell a TYM built to their own specs. The RK 24 would do anything you need to do. The RK 19 would also serve your purpose.

There is also an LS dealer in Winchester that you might consider. I've seen the MT 125 offered for a very good price and it is a solid little workhorse. The only disadvantage to the LS and TYM/RK models is that they do not have a drive over deck. Not a huge deal, but something of an inconvenience if you take the deck off a lot. There appears to also be a Kioti dealer in your area. The CS and CK series would be an option. I don't think you are likely to go wrong, whatever you decide. Take the dealer into consideration as you work through it. You aren't likely to have trouble, but if you do it helps if you are buying from someone that can help you get it fixed.

/ Sub-compact or Garden Tractor Orange or Green
Agreed, the service and parts department are who I will be dealing with long after the purchase, so I am certainly taking those into consideration.