Buying Advice sub compact tractor

/ sub compact tractor #51  
Actually, it is some of you on here that apparently can't grasp the scope of the conversation.

Mahindra does not build a subcompact tractor.

The smallest tractor that Mahindra has is a Comact Utility Tractor (CUT).

Mahindra builds some nice equipment from what I've read here on TBN, but they have falsely advetised a product. They are lieing to unsuspecting consumers, and that should be of concern to all of you out there. Especially those of you here on TBN......one of the biggest most helpful communities on the net.

It just boggles my mind that some on here don't have the mental capacity to see that Mahindra is perpetrating a fraud.

There is a clear line between subcuts and cuts. Mahindra has crossed that line by portraying a cut, as a subcut, and comparing said machines to subcuts.

Like I said..........it's like comparing an F250 to a Ford Ranger. The only similarity is that they are both listed as trucks.

More like a Peterbilt 385 to a Prius!! Really no need to be doing what you're doing, Don.

/ sub compact tractor #52  
Problem solved, reclassify the BX series as mini-compact.

The key word being "miniature" for the 1500 anyway. Heck I like them I just don't see them as being tractors as L Brown does.

/ sub compact tractor #53  
Don, did you read any of rest of my post, or just the first line which you quoted?
------------------

I'm just not even sure why you even care so much about this arbitrary SCUT definition that you have in your head? until you can show me a true industry standard for all SCUT's it is just an arbitrary marketing term that doesn't matter.

If a manufacturer was saying the tractor had 80HP, but it only hd 60, or said it could lift 25 bajillion pounds with the front end loader, when in reality it can only lift 2000 pounds, then there would be a serious problem, and saying that they were misleading or lying would be true.

SCUT is just a marketing term, nothing else. if somebody wanted to make a 20ft long, 3 ft wide tractor with only 10HP that could lift 5000 pounds, and they wanted to market it against say the BX series, they're entitled to that comparison, as long as in all of their marketing material, the specs for each tractor are accurate.

/ sub compact tractor #55  
More like a Peterbilt 385 to a Prius!! Really no need to be doing what you're doing, Don.
Kinda sorta..........I don't like the false advertising.

Mahindra has used a Cut series tractor to compare to all the subcuts out there. They were wrong for doing this..

You, I, and several others know this to be true.

I'm trying to protect the consumers, and my friends here on TBN that may not be.......up to snuff on the tractors.

If we, as a tractor community, let Mahindra get away with this false advertisement..........what company will try what tricks next?

/ sub compact tractor #56  
   / sub compact tractor #57  
Kinda sorta..........I don't like the false advertising.

Mahindra has used a Cut series tractor to compare to all the subcuts out there. They were wrong for doing this..

You, I, and several others know this to be true.

I'm trying to protect the consumers, and my friends here on TBN that may not be.......up to snuff on the tractors.

If we, as a tractor community, let Mahindra get away with this false advertisement..........what company will try what tricks next?

As stated, Mahindra doesn't want the B market, the want the BX market with their Max. The stature of the Max is the near the B, but the turning radius is sharper than the BX, so doesn't that make it just as nimble? I know that Mahindra isn't 100% correct in their comparison, but no comparison can be 100% correct. Don't take this wrong, but you are also wrong in all your negative posts about them as well. I've never known a single person to buy a tractor without trying at least the same model and getting that same model elsewhere. If a person tries a BX and tries a Max, to find the Max may be just a nudge larger, but more nimble, for less money and more power, I think that would be very compelling. I've come to agree with many of your posts Don. And I do agree that the Max may be better suited for comparison against a B in size, but if were talking price, a Max is the same price as a Deere x500, so now the Max is competing not only with a B series Kubota, but a midrange lawnmower. And what comes with that is what's in-between. Since it's really not super fair to compare it to either of those, why not compare in-between?

/ sub compact tractor #58  
As stated, Mahindra doesn't want the B market, the want the BX market with their Max. The stature of the Max is the near the B, but the turning radius is sharper than the BX, so doesn't that make it just as nimble? I know that Mahindra isn't 100% correct in their comparison, but no comparison can be 100% correct. Don't take this wrong, but you are also wrong in all your negative posts about them as well. I've never known a single person to buy a tractor without trying at least the same model and getting that same model elsewhere. If a person tries a BX and tries a Max, to find the Max may be just a nudge larger, but more nimble, for less money and more power, I think that would be very compelling. I've come to agree with many of your posts Don. And I do agree that the Max may be better suited for comparison against a B in size, but if were talking price, a Max is the same price as a Deere x500, so now the Max is competing not only with a B series Kubota, but a midrange lawnmower. And what comes with that is what's in-between. Since it's really not super fair to compare it to either of those, why not compare in-between?
The problem is that they aren't comparing 'in between'.

The Max is, according to the specs, a cut tractor. While the turning radius may be sharper........we can refer to the New Holland oversteer tractors. New holland didn't change their classification just because they could do a 90 degree turn from a standstill much like a zero turn does.

Mahindra is falsely advertising their product, and I feel it is the duty of us 'people in the know' to divulge this information to newcomers so they can make a viable decision based on facts and not company falsified hype.

/ sub compact tractor #59  
The problem is that they aren't comparing 'in between'.

The Max is, according to the specs, a cut tractor. While the turning radius may be sharper........we can refer to the New Holland oversteer tractors. New holland didn't change their classification just because they could do a 90 degree turn from a standstill much like a zero turn does.

Mahindra is falsely advertising their product, and I feel it is the duty of us 'people in the know' to divulge this information to newcomers so the can make a viable decision based on facts and not company falsified hype.

And this is where we disagree. I too have looked at the specs. Your version of 'correct' is not my version of correct. Mahindra wants the SCUTs to become bigger. As with everything Mahindra does they want bigger, and bigger machines. Not a single Mahindra machine is a lightweight for it's class. They want to takeout the 'non-sense' lawn mowing and make a tractor to do light chores. Their goal is a secondary lawn mowing machine. They've done this by increasing the size while also increasing the versatility, while decreasing the end cost.

With your power steer comparison we are getting into technicalities as well. The power steer version also added quite a bit of cost to the machine. The Max is still a tweener between a SCUT and a CUT and Mahindra is going after the SCUT market. More power to them.

By your theory, if someone gets a Max, we should not be happy for them even if they are more than happy with their purchase because they should have expected a slightly smaller tractor with less versatility and less power. Doesn't work for me. And quite a few others as well.

/ sub compact tractor #60  
And this is where we disagree. I too have looked at the specs. Your version of 'correct' is not my version of correct. Mahindra wants the SCUTs to become bigger. As with everything Mahindra does they want bigger, and bigger machines. Not a single Mahindra machine is a lightweight for it's class. They want to takeout the 'non-sense' lawn mowing and make a tractor to do light chores. Their goal is a secondary lawn mowing machine. They've done this by increasing the size while also increasing the versatility, while decreasing the end cost.

With your power steer comparison we are getting into technicalities as well. The power steer version also added quite a bit of cost to the machine. The Max is still a tweener between a SCUT and a CUT and Mahindra is going after the SCUT market. More power to them.

By your theory, if someone gets a Max, we should not be happy for them even if they are more than happy with their purchase because they should have expected a slightly smaller tractor with less versatility and less power. Doesn't work for me. And quite a few others as well.
Negative. The Max is longer, wider and higher than a subcut. My property and lots of others out there won't support that size machine.

While I will concede that people can take a rule.and measure the tractor at the dealer, most don't.

They come to TBN for advice, they are advised to get a subcut, they go shopping and run across this fantastic deal on this "subcut" called a Mahindra.

The machine looked small on the lot, but they get it home and it's too big, but, the TBN guys said get a subcut..........and the buyer did(according to Mahindra).

Now it's TBN's fault, cause we should have known that the "Mahindra subcut" was actually a "cut sized machine", but marketed as a subcompact.

We as a community lose face with the public because Mahindra thinks they can reclassify at will and nobody will notice.

I disagree with Mahindra and their classification of the Max Series.