sub soiler from TSC

/ sub soiler from TSC #21  
so really that warning should read.

dont worry about the implement you have on the back designed to do what your doing with it. but remember to wear your seat belt like you should be doing because if you hit an immovable object your tractor WILL come to a sudden stop.

In my case with the subsoiler i use, I generally run my tractor at its traction limit so im hardly moveing pulling it through the ground... so the idea of "stoping quickly" doesnt really exist.

Exactly. Pulled 800ft of water pipe using the subsoiler referenced in this thread. Granite, Oak and a bit of clay. I had no problems...but then as you described, I didn't go fast. When I ran into boulders or roots, I stopped. Nothing broken.

Lance

/ sub soiler from TSC #22  
so really that warning should read.

dont worry about the implement you have on the back designed to do what your doing with it. but remember to wear your seat belt like you should be doing because if you hit an immovable object your tractor WILL come to a sudden stop.

In my case with the subsoiler i use, I generally run my tractor at its traction limit so im hardly moveing pulling it through the ground... so the idea of "stoping quickly" doesnt really exist.

Since most tractors that have a seat belt only have a lap belt you will likely still hit the steering wheel even with the seat belt.

I shear pin is to protect the equipment not the operator so much.

/ sub soiler from TSC #23  
Since most tractors that have a seat belt only have a lap belt you will likely still hit the steering wheel with the seat belt.

I shear pin is to protect the equipment not the operator so much.

I guess in the high production farming world, everything has to happen at 8-10 mph out in the field... I can't really imagine needing to pull a subsoiler at full speed in low range (3.5mph) but I don't have 80 acres to do before dark either...

/ sub soiler from TSC #24  
On my Fathers David Brown 880 tractor had a cable on the top link which was connected to the cluch. With any ground engaging equipment (moleboard plows, rippers etc) that hit anything solid the tractor would just stop. Guess old time tractor designers had a bit more common sence that todays breed.:p

/ sub soiler from TSC #25  
On my Fathers David Brown 880 tractor had a cable on the top link which was connected to the cluch. With any ground engaging equipment (moleboard plows, rippers etc) that hit anything solid the tractor would just stop. Guess old time tractor designers had a bit more common sence that todays breed.:p

I can see getting that subsoiler stuck under a root so it actuates the clutch. You can't lift it. You can't back up. You go get your other tractor to pull this one back a foot so it can operate again. :)

Bruce

/ sub soiler from TSC #26  
I can see getting that subsoiler stuck under a root so it actuates the clutch. You can't lift it. You can't back up. You go get your other tractor to pull this one back a foot so it can operate again. :)

Bruce

No Bruce, it was a whole lot smarter than that. All you had to do was reengage the clutch trip lever and carry on with your work,no time waisting stopping to change shear pins or fixing bent or busted equipment.:thumbsup:

/ sub soiler from TSC #27  
I have the TSC subsoiler and it works ok. I pull it SLOW and am watching it when I use it. I don't just assume it is ok. I have tweaked mine, but it still works. For the small amount I will use it (with a 32 hp tractor) I can't justify spending much more.

However, I think if you hook it up to a 50hp tractor and go, it probably will end up broke in short order.

/ sub soiler from TSC #28  
No Bruce, it was a whole lot smarter than that. All you had to do was reengage the clutch trip lever and carry on with your work,no time waisting stopping to change shear pins or fixing bent or busted equipment.:thumbsup:

That sounds a lot better. :)

Bruce

/ sub soiler from TSC #29  
Hello;

Back in the late 80"s I bought a Middlebuster from a large, national tractor company that has since gone out of business. The cross angle that goes from side to side at the lift pins twisted after very little use. I had the angle straightened and another piece of 3/8" angle welded in. That made a box section. Now that baby will pull China up to the surface.

Thanks, nicholas

/ sub soiler from TSC #30  
I did basicly the same thing to the one I bought several years ago and it works great. How many inches deep will your's dig ? I haven't measured the depth that mind will go but I would estimate 14-16 inches deep. I have buried over 1300 feet of water line with it and broken many garden spots over the years before I tilled the ground. If I could figure out how to get a picture pasted to this note I would send you a picture of it. When I use it as a sub-soiler I checkboard the ground and them use my tiller to get it ready for my Covington Planter.

Farmboy in Mississippi