sub soiler not digging in

/ sub soiler not digging in #11  
I used mine for making ditches and it has worked well. I had to watch it or it would dig to deep. It also worked in my pond bed, breaking up the hard clay making easier work for the fel to remove the dirt.

/ sub soiler not digging in #12  
Buy the middle buster and you can buy the sub soiler point for about $20.00 more or vice versa. It is on the same frame so all you have to do is unbolt the middlebuster 1 bolt I think and attach the subsoiler point and you have the best of both worlds....All the orange King Kutter stuff ius for sub compacts....

/ sub soiler not digging in
johnk said:
Buy the middle buster and you can buy the sub soiler point for about $20.00 more or vice versa. It is on the same frame so all you have to do is unbolt the middlebuster 1 bolt I think and attach the subsoiler point and you have the best of both worlds....All the orange King Kutter stuff ius for sub compacts....

Are you saying the yellow KK sub soiler and the orange middle buster are the same product? The middle buster comes with a sub soiler plate which is all the I had installed and this wasn't digging in at all. Here's a link that shows both things: XB Middle Buster

I'd assume that the sub compat product would be a bit smaller & lighter than the standard one.

/ sub soiler not digging in #14  
I bought the yellow KK Middle buster and made the subsoiler point out of a 1/4" plate. I also had to modify the unit to fit the quick hitch. Here is a photo of my modified KK middle buster

Attachments

• 18650Middle_buster_1_Small_-med[1].jpg
    18650Middle_buster_1_Small_-med[1].jpg
    50 KB · Views: 357
   / sub soiler not digging in #15  
Garys,

They have the orange sub soiler XB and the middle buster XB that are for the subs with interchangeable ends {plow furrow and sub soiler} and also the yellow sub soiler [for compacts & up} with interchangeable ends also. I don't know if the ends [Sub soiler and plow ] are the same between the Orange XB and the yellow attacthments for compacts. The actual size of the attachments and heft is different between the XB and compact. Buy the yellow middle buster and get the subsoiler point and you'll be all set.

/ sub soiler not digging in #16  
Is the point offest to the side. It appears that way in the pic.....

/ sub soiler not digging in #17  
I think that your problem is two fold. First, you need to get a longer top link. Lengthening the top link should get you a more agressive bite with the SS. Second, you may want to consider adding some weight (my 220lb brother in law works great for hard stuff).

The XB atttachments fromw my experience are built using the same guage material as the larger implements, however there geometry makes them slightly shorter to work with the lower linkage of subcuts. I don't think you should worry about breaking it.

/ sub soiler not digging in #18  
After reviewing the pictures several times and using all my CSI like analitical powers the answer became clear, Move tractor off paved surface and onto the dirt.:) :) (sorry just a little monday morning sarcasim) I do agrre that one looks too small

/ sub soiler not digging in #19  
Replace the blunt point with a 2" straight chisel plow point. This "banana" shaped shovel has a sharp point and curved shape that easily penetrates hard soil. Its called straight because you can get twisted versions as well. Any farm store should have them for around $12.

OrangeGuy

/ sub soiler not digging in #20  
GaryS said:
I bought a King Kutter XB Middle Buster/Sub-Soiler. I just tried it out and it just skips across the top of the ground. I didn't attach the furrower and perhaps that's the problem. I also just recently got a pair of the Pats Easy Change connectors which push the Middle Buster further out. I can't get it to be vertical with the top link I have. I know I'm doing something wrong.

I have that KK combo and it's no problem to bury the subsoiler 8 inches or more with my 21-hp Kubota B7510HST. I adjusted the top link some to get the shaft of the subsoiler nearly vertical and the ground was fairly soft (I did this last Spring during the rainy season). I'm waiting until the Nov rains come before using the subsoiler to install sprinkler pipe.