Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #11  
John....I hope that you do contact Jack @ Robin...please let us know what you learn.

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #12  
I have over 800 hours on my 422 and other than being hard to start below 32 degrees, cured my magnetic heater and extra battery, and run-on on shut off, cured by high octane fuel. No problems.

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have over 800 hours on my 422 and other than being hard to start below 32 degrees, cured my magnetic heater and extra battery, and run-on on shut off, cured by high octane fuel. No problems. )</font>....interesting. I've always run 93 octane and makes no difference for me...but shutting off at near full throttle does seem to make a difference most of the time.

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #14  
it just hit me......you have 800+ hours on a Robin engine??? That's a lot of use in the last 2 years or so!!

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #15  
That's tongue in cheek, I hope. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #16  
John,

If your engine continues to have the same problems over and over again, the service center that you took the machine to should contact me to discuss a new cylinder head replacement. I think there could be a casting problem of the cylinder head, or possibly unexpected quick wear of the area of the rocker arm.

Regards,

Jack Gawecki
Robin America, Inc.
Technical Support Dept.
800-277-6246

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #17  
Where's that Kohler rep? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Where's that Kohler rep? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )</font>

Reading Honda's forums. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #19  
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif!!!!

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems
Jack,

I really appreciate that offer and hope to have them call you tomorrow. I certainly will pass your name on as this is possing a very large issue. Thanks again. John Sargeant