Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #21  
I drove my PT-422 into my heated garage to paint the bucket with Slip Plate and decided to check my rocker arm bolts. Surprise! I don't have any. So I down loaded the Parts Manual from the web Robin site. The 25 hp has a different rocker arm assembly. The 22 hp and 18 hp engines have a rocker shaft held in place by the rocker cover. Loose rocker arm bolts will not be a problem for 418 and 422 owners.

Dale

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #22  
What is slip plate?

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #23  
Thanks Dale,

I had barely entered "check rocker arm bolts" on my list of to-do items and you have allowed me to already cross it off!

If I email you the list can you get more done for me?

Phil

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If I email you the list can you get more done for me? )</font>

LOL /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #25  
Slip Plate is a graphite paint like coating that farmers use to keep grain wagons and augers slippery. The can says it can be used on snow buckets, snowplows, and mower decks. I thought I would give it a try. I used floor wax but it doesn't last long. If this doesn't work well I want to try EZ-Slide paint. EZ-Slide paint is suppose to be available at TSC but it is not at mine. I am lazy and want to find the easiest most efficient way to do the things I must do. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://www.slipplate.com/

Dale

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Where's that Kohler rep? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )</font>

<font color="red"> Keeping the Maytag man company while they patiently wait to see if someone will ever have a problem!!

/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

</font>

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #27  
Don't know if you want to associate Kohler with Maytag these days....Maytag was recently bought out and I'm told a major contributing reason to their recent decline in the market has been poor quality parts and build.Glad I bought my Maytags when the repair man was still alive! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #28  
Hahahah! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I do like my Kohler and that is one of the reasons I went with the model we did. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

But I have to admit, seeing Jack take an active role in the real world is a big plus for Robin. Puts a face on the company. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Can't hurt Power Trac, either.

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( seeing Jack take an active role in the real world is a big plus for Robin. )</font>

<font color="red"> True!! However, given my druthers, I prefer owning a product that is pleasant and easy to use, inexpensive, requires little maintenance, has an unused warranty, and is dependable with a long useful life!

If I want a 'friend', I'll join a club!!

</font>

/ Subaru/Robin Engine on PT425-Problems #30  
<font color="red"> If I want a 'friend', I'll join a club!! </font>

Have you tried <font color="green"> Inside Out Wheels Anonymous? </font>