Subcompact Forum

/ Subcompact Forum #11  
<font color="blue"> MikePA . . . while I generally agree with your statements, I would ask the same questions you ask about CUTS. I find it interesting that the people on this board who own New Holland tractors often post their customizations in the GENERAL CUSTOMIZATION forum, while the Kubota owners generally post their handiwork in the KUBOTA OWNING/OPERATING forum. Yet to me, a custom light set up, or a custom bucket upgrade, or whatever, on any brand of tractor is applicable to EVERY brand of tractor. I think the whole thing gets a little muddy. </font>

I have to agree with Bob there. We discussed that a while back as a reason why the New Holland forum has less posts. I regularly read the Kubota forum, because there are interesting tips and modifications that could easily apply to all CUT users. New Holland users tend to post their operating and modifying experiences under general Owning/Operating, Customization, or Projects, while many Kubota users tend to post these things under the Kubota forums.
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Subcompact Forum #12  
<font color="blue"> Yet to me, a custom light set up, or a custom bucket upgrade, or whatever, on any brand of tractor is applicable to EVERY brand of tractor. </font>
I agree. Before I post I always ask myself "Is this information or question unique to a particular brand?". If it's not, I put it in the General Forums since it will receive a wider audience for informing in the case of sharing an experience or getting an answer in the case of a question. If it is brand specific, I further ask if it relate to 'Buying' or 'Owning/Operating' and chose the right 'sub-forum'.

<font color="blue"> I think the whole thing gets a little muddy. </font>
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Subcompact Forum #13  
Well it sounds like we all agree. I'm not sure what we agree on, but we seem to agree on something! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Subcompact Forum #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Well it sounds like we all agree. I'm not sure what we agree on, but we seem to agree on something! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

lol! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I agree with you that the CK20 is quite often mistaken for a Sub-CUT. I don't know why, but it seems it is the only machine confused for a Sub-CUT. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I sure hope the CK25 & 30's aren't cunfused with a small-chassis machine, or moreover, a Sub-CUT! lol /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Subcompact Forum #15  
We've thought about a subcompact forum... I guess we'll keep thinking about it since we're not planning one right now. But, the feedback is welcome.

/ Subcompact Forum #16  
The reason the Kioti is often confused with the Sub-Cuts...is because of the price point. The price of a CK-20 is the same...maybe less than the Kubota, Deere, and now NH sub-cuts. Naturally when there is a lower priced alternative, it will be grouped with like priced machines....the other key that has caused tremendous interest in the Kioti is the Hydro tranny.

You can bet that if the Chinese Jinma tractors come out with a 25HP Hydro for $8500 with loader....the interest in these would cause a huge stir as well.

/ Subcompact Forum #17  
BotaGuy. . . I think that many of the people who confuse the CK20 with Sub-CUTs are owners of the CK20. In fact, there is a thread somewhere on TBN where an owern of a CK20 laments the fact that JD doesn't compare the CK20 to their 2210. My thought is OF COURSE THEY DON'T THEY ARE DIFFERENT CLASSES OF TRACTORS, the specs will tell you they are different machines. The CK20 is small, but it is not really any smaller than a NH TC18 and people place that unit into the CUT grouping. Price may be part of the reason the CK20 is confused with Sub-CUTs but I suspect it is more than that?

/ Subcompact Forum #18  
Bob,
<font color="blue">In fact, there is a thread somewhere on TBN where an owern of a CK20 laments the fact that JD doesn't compare the CK20 to their 2210.</font>

I think this may be the opening question from the thread you are referring to......
<font color="blue">I couldn't help but notice at the Kubota website they have a comparison chart for the BX1830 and they show the John Deere and the Iseki Massey as the only comparisons. Kioti, in particular the CK20, is strangely absent. </font> by: dpl96

I'm not aware that dpl96 owns a CK20.

I believe people get caught up in the horsepower game. Similar horsepower should be in the same class? Not in my book. CUT's, such as the the TC21, B7500, CK20 have more powerful hydraulics, greater 3 point hitch capacities, full 3 point hitch verses limited three point hitch, and since many are sold with FEL's....stronger FEL's capacities, some have position control, all have larger tires and higher ground clearance.

KNotMe writes (just up this thread a bit):
<font color="blue"> .....and the BX 2230 compares quite well with the 7510. </font>
I see clear difference between these two based on my remarks above.

Don

/ Subcompact Forum #19  
I think the line between the CUT's and the Sub-Cuts is really tire size, and ground clearance. Having actually owned both the B7500 and now a BX series machine the capabilites are very similar, this type of info you can't get by looking at brochures and comparing stats. There are compromises with all machines...a little more lift here, a little better 3-point there, a better dealer network here, a poor dealer there, etc.
I would welcome the Sub-Cut forum...for all brands.

/ Subcompact Forum #20  
<font color="blue"> Having actually owned both the B7500....... </font>
Was your B7500 outfitted with a Front End Loader?

Don